University of Michigan- Flint info???Register Today!
- by JessicaJNS Aug 4, '10Anyone have any information about the U of M Flint nursing program? I am finishing my prereqs and trying to get in to the program, but would like some insider advice on what to expect.... I know the basics (what I was told by an advisor- 3.0 gpa required, but realistically at least a 3.7 needed...)
Anyone have any experience? How many times did you have to apply- with what gpa, etc?
Thanks for any advice!
- Aug 4, '10 by Nicole1224Hi, do you want information about their traditional 4 year program or accelerated program? I am enrolled in the accelerated program starting this September if you have questions about that.
- Aug 5, '10 by JessicaJNSI didn't know they had an accelerated program at U of M- Flint? Do they? What is the difference? In requirements? Where can I get information about it?
- Aug 5, '10 by JessicaJNSOk, I looked and I think that the accelerated program is for those who already have a BSN. I don't, so I believe I will have to take the traditional 4 year track....
- Aug 5, '10 by Nicole1224Hey, the accelerated track isn't for students who already have a BSN, it's for students who have a Bachelor's in a field other than nursing and wish to pursue a BSN.
- Aug 7, '10 by JessicaJNSOoops, my mistake. I didn't proofread before posting.... I meant a bachelor's degree (from a field other than nursing) but thanks for the correction!
- Jan 10, '11 by Josette19Hi Nicole you said that you got in the accelerated program? If you don't mind me asking what is your current gpa? I am taking my pre reqs right now and would like to go to u of m flint because i live in grand blanc I'm currently following the oakland program right now and just found out about flint today and I'm only one class away from being able to apply at flint but today was the deadline so i have to wait a whole year to apply and that makes me nervous because they only allow 30 students per year! How hard was it to get in!
- Jan 24, '11 by Just_An_IllusionHi-
I'm a current student at UM-Flint, however, I on the RN-BSN track. I do share classes with students who are 4-year BSN students though. Let me know there are any questions I can answer for you.
- Feb 10, '11 by MelBell2005Hi Everyone,
I am also interested in applying for the accelerated BSN program for fall of 2012. I am just finishing up pre-requisites and I read you have to take the HESI exam as well. Has one taken that exam before? I have taken the TEAS a couple of years ago and wondered if the HESI was kind of like that.
- Feb 16, '11 by Nicole1224Hello Josette19, sorry I have not responded to your post. My pre-req gpa was a 3.8. I applied last January and heard back in March, so the decision was pretty quick. The program is competitive, as is any accelerated program these days. However, I have heard from many that the traditional program is more competitive because they receive far more applicants for 60 spots. That could change every year though, and it's hard to predict how many people will apply. Keep applying to Oakland, but if you need to apply to U of M Flint next January, do it. I am very happy with the program so far, even if it is a lot of work.
MelBell2005- I believe when I applied we had to take the TEAS, and that they changed the exam to the HESI, so I've never taken it.