respiratory therapist at HFCCRegister Today!
- by yasy21 Apr 6, '10Hi Iím wondering if anyone is going into respiratory therapy at HFCC? I just got a letter to attend the orientation meeting this month, but the letter says that I am number 37 and they only accept 28 for the fall 2010 semester. They want me to attend the meeting in case they do not fill the seats and I may be accepted into the fall 2010 program.. Just wondering if anyone knows the chances of me getting in this year? This makes me so nervous and confused
- Apr 8, '10 by HudiniYou might get in,but I would go with nursing if possible. At this time, thare are not many jobs in respiratory.
- Apr 8, '10 by yasy21i was going to nursing but when i found out about RT i seemed like it just fit me better. actually there is a major shortage in RTs and they are on high demand..
- Apr 8, '10 by MsAshleyAre u currently attending HFCC right now? I heard someone in my chem class talking about this program today. I have never really heard of an RT what exactly do they do?
- Apr 9, '10 by yasy21yes I do attend HFCC, the program is suppose to be one of the best in the nation. im hoping to get into the program this fall, im keeping my fingers crossed. if you go under HFCC website it should give you all the info you need on RTs. this is what I found that summarizes the occupation.
Respiratory therapists are health care professionals, dedicated to providing life-supporting, life-enhancing
care to newborns, children, adults and the elderly. Respiratory therapists work under qualified medical
direction to assess, treat, manage, provide diagnostic evaluation, educate and care for patients with
deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system. Therapists work throughout
hospitals, most often in intensive care units and emergency settings. Therapists are a special blend of
patient-centered caregivers and technically sharp, analytical thinkers. Some therapists concentrate on
pulmonary rehabilitation and continuing care in patient homes or extended care facilities while others
specialize in pediatric/neonatal care. The respiratory therapist may also work in areas such as
cardiopulmonary diagnostics, medical equipment sales, management and education.
- Apr 9, '10 by yasy21Hudini, MI is hiring alot of RTs if you click on this link you will see the jobs available
- Apr 22, '10 by HudiniHow did the meeting go? Any chance of getting in?
- Apr 29, '10 by yasy21yes i did attend the meeting, it was very informative. i still donít know if i got in yet but i was told that they are accepting 30 im number 36 and a few pple that were accepted didnít even show up to the meeting. ill find out late may hopefully...
- Jun 3, '10 by HudiniAny word on getting in? I noticed only 8 people have registered on web advisor.