Has anyone heard of LPN school called Nexcare Institute? - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 17, '10 by MsAshleyHow does the Michworks process work? And can you use that along with regular financial aid? Does this program accept financial aid??
- Jun 18, '10 by msbacthe oakland university lpn program doesn't accept financial aid only michworks and loans like salle mae and others. The michworks process is you attend an orientation for no worker left behind program. you qualify if you are unemployed,laid off or make under 40,000 per year and then you turn in paper work after you attend ortandtion
- Oct 21, '10 by boogiebaby29the accredication that nexcare is trying to get is financial aid. that way they can accept more students. being accrediated has nothing to do with anything. If they are oked by Michigan Board of Nursing to teach then they are ok..I also know for a fact that many of the students from the first class have taken their NCLEX and have passed..also most of the students got hired as student nurses before they even took their test..CONGRATS to NEXCARE...Oakland University also have lowered their cost of the program but of course there are some fees for unwritten things..like uniforms and books...etc.. but good luck or you can always drive to Ohio...you really have to apply where ever you can get accepted.good luck
- Oct 21, '10 by MsAshleyHow much has oakland lowered their cost? I looked into them in the past but it was a lot of money out of pocket
- Oct 21, '10 by boogiebaby29It is $9600, now plus other fees. its not bad, if you have the pre-reqs done the program is 1yr if not its 18 months...my suggestion it to apply everywhere you think, schoolcraft, henryford, occ, oakland U, wayne county...macomb...also macomb has a agreement with occ that when they are all full that occ is holding about 15 seats for their students...how crazy is that, but do what ever you have to do to get in.....good luck
- Apr 11, '11 by boogiebaby29I am currently in Nexcare LPN program. the accrediation that they are waiting on is to get approved for financial aid. Many of the first year graduates have passed their NCLEX on the first time. They had 28 graduates and 24 are licensed todate. It is a good school and they want you to be the best. $15,500 is a decent price. Yes it hurts to pay out of pocket, but really can you put a price on the education to help people. Do what u feel is good for you, whether u go to a community college, everest, nexcare or any other program. Nursing is so competitive and if you want to get in you get in where you can. Just another note, if you go on that website, Wayne County is not accrediated, Oakland University LPN is not accrediated..So you do what u need to do. While u are down playing nursing programs, I will be a nurse. all that matters is if you pass that nclex
- Apr 23, '11 by ahicrussHi, i read your message. I recently just passed the A&P class and will try to get in this Aug. My problem is money. How can i come up with the money?
- Dec 3, '11 by boogiebaby29ahicruss..I am not sure how you can come up with the money. I worked but I also had the money from a previous employer. many of the other studdents paid what they could when they could but tried hard to keep making payments. they will work with you as long as you are trying. but you do need $3000 up front when you sign the application. I am licensed now and working and I think out of my class 10 have passed their nclex on the first try and 8 may working as of now. so good luck to you and keep me posted.
- Apr 1, '12 by TiadorraQuote from boobooheadI am a current student here. yes it is accredited by the state of Michigan and is on the state of Michigan's website for accredited nursing schools. after graduation you can take the nclexpn. they are still waiting for financial aid approval through fafsa. it is expensive but unlike other schools there is no waiting list.Hey, I met someone that is in Nexcare Institute LPN program. This is their first year offering LPN program. I found out they are waiting to be accredited still. The program is one year and is $15,500. This class is at a nursing home in Westland. Anyone know anything about this program? Can I get a job at a hospital if I graduate from an uncredited program?