Thanks to the guys here - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 13, '07 by jufraserI feel for your loss and am sorry this tragedy ever happened to you. I hope you are doing fine nowadays. I am also from LA area and was interested in the correctional nursing. However I am a chicken and feel too old for all this challenge and gave up pursuing this nursing opportunity. Hope to hear a day in the life of a jail nurse story. You are a great storyteller!!!!! care and all happiness to you Julie
Quote from JailRNMy husband, Doug, (aka "harleyman") was a student nurse when I introduced him to this site. I'd been here for awhile, being the 33year veteran of nursing. He took great comfort and enjoyment from all of you. I don't know if he ever posted, or replied to any of the posts, but he had a good time out here. It took him 5 years to get through school, with more pitfalls than I can relay, including having to hire an attorney to get him readmitted to the nursing program. He graduated, took boards, failed, had a major heart attack, 5 vessel bypass, another try at the board, PASSED!!!, and joined me at the PD where I work. He had his license for 4 months before he developed a bowel obstruction and died on December 4, 2006, 12 hours after being admitted to a local hospital. He loved being a nurse, and he loved allnurses. Thanks for helping him along the way.
- Aug 13, '07 by JailRNNever give up--it's much safer here than in a psych unit--come for a tour..
- Aug 14, '07 by nursemikeI'm so sorry for your loss, but your post should be mandatory for anyone wondering whether they are "too old" to go to nursing school, or wondering whether it's worth it. None of us knows whether we will draw our next breath, but how much better does it sound to draw ones last in the pursuit of ones dreams than wondering what might have been.
God bless you.
- Aug 18, '07 by ewattsjti offer my condolences. it is great to hear how he kept after his dream even though the world was thrown against him. you had a great man!
- Sep 1, '07 by Bill E. RubinWhat a story! I'm so very sorry to hear your loss. Thanks for sharing it with us and for your grace in the face of such thing happening.