Massasoit community college adn fall 2012 - page 4
by CMA_TO_LPN 22,288 Views | 93 Comments
Applied for the full time program and looking forward to hearing from MCC in April.... Read More
- 0May 2, '12 by perseverance_G5The same thing happened to me! Now I've heard from two sources that admissions just this week started reviewing applications and it will be two more weeks!! I also heard that letters went out last Thursday, but I think it's safe to say that the latter is not true because we all would have received something by now, right????
- 1May 2, '12 by phina70Ladies, I cannot believe it! I was logged in to my massasoit account to complete my online Hist course discussions and just by chance I checked my unofficial transcript and it said "Nursing Day program" I Got in!!!!! I cannot believe it! All my hard work truly paid off. I was turned down last year and went and "hit" the books some more, took more classes.
I'm in! I cannot wait till I recieve my letter, my boys will be going to the massasoit "Childrens center" atleast 3 days a week. So don't give up girls. keep trying till you get in. Still in shock, I think Massasoit is the most competative MA ADN Nursing programs to get into in the Boston area. I hope the schedule is good. Anyone know the schedule? Are clinicals 2 days a week, and class component 2 days a week? Just to let you know, as soon as I get my letter I will call Quincy College and let them know I will be attending Massasoit, so a spot can "free up" over there for those applying. One journey over and another has just begun. I'll be staying tuned to this thread and hope to hear more good news here. Supporting each other is the best we can do :kiss
bringing out the bubbly this weekend ! still cannot believe it.
- 0May 3, '12 by CMA_TO_LPNPhina- I read your post and logged on- mine has also changed to "nursing day program"!!! I suppose we are in?! It's been a long road for me too... Core curriculum classes 2008, Med Assist program 2009, rn pre reqs since then. I will post later today about schedules- YAY!!CONGRATS!!!😃
- 1May 3, '12 by phina70Quote from CMA_TO_LPNThat's Great CMA! Just to let you know they get a thousand applicants for their nursing program not 400. Each year the number of applicants increases. I hope I can hack the program. Why does lab have to be on a different day than classes? Oh well that's a full 5 days the boys will need child care. Yes please let us know about the schedule, I wonder if we can req to be placed for clinicals in a location. It's great news! CMA- you applied only to Massasoit. Someone up there is definetly looking out for you. 😊. I guess we will be meeting soon. Best wishes to all other "hopefuls"!Phina- I read your post and logged on- mine has also changed to "nursing day program"!!! I suppose we are in?! It's been a long road for me too... Core curriculum classes 2008, Med Assist program 2009, rn pre reqs since then. I will post later today about schedules- YAY!!CONGRATS!!!dde03
- 0May 3, '12 by CMA_TO_LPNThe only info about scheduling is from the info session (see post #7 of this thread). Wow, 1,000 applicants-no wonder it takes a while to go through them all! As far as clinical placements go, I'm not sure if you can request; in the med assist program, they did their best to place us as close to our home as possible. Whatever the next 2 years brings, we will make it work!
- 0May 4, '12 by phina70Yay!! Hope I get mine today too. CMA just keep reading it over and over so that you KNow it's not a dream. I know it's not going to be easy, but like you said CMA we will manage. I am Keeping track of all those who get accepted to know who my classmates will be, and I say to all those who don't get in this time, "not to get discouraged". BTW Quincy College's deadline is May 15 still, in case anyone's interested, going to "free up" my space there once I get Massasoit's letter. God I hope I can do this!!!
- 1May 4, '12 by phina70CMA, I looked on the Massasoit's class schedule on the website, looks like nrsg 1 class component is 2 days a week 10-11:50-definetly doable for me. I know clinicals at hospital are 2 days a week. I hope labs on Friday are not every Friday, it would be even nicer if labs were on same day as class. I will talk to the dept, about possiblity assigning me clinicals in area around the school so I can drop of my boys at the "Children's center". ohh so much to get reading for. yes it is exciting and also scary. It's great CMA you already work in the field, I hope to catch on quick.
- 1May 4, '12 by nurs2014I received my acceptance letter, which is really good news for someone on the "wait list" because I was also accepted into BCC's nursing program, which is where I'll be going next fall! Congratulations to all those who got into the program, and good luck to the ones on the wait list!