University of Maryland Spring 2012 CNL Applicants - Page 11Register Today!
- Jul 15, '12 by cia765Hey there -- are u still looking for a roommate at The Zenith? A 2br is available for $1800. Let me know if u are interested. Thanks!
- Sep 28, '12 by aarin80Hello all,
Okay, so here is my story. I am a Michigan resident and attend Wayne State University in Detroit. I did not get accepted to their nursing program back in 2010 and financially had to find a way to get a degree. I am no longer eligible for the Pell Grant and I have reached my maximum lifetime undergraduate loan amount. The way to a bachelor degree, BA in nutrition and food Science with a minor in health psychology.
Michigan does not offer any MSN direct entry programs and I am trying to avoid the GRE. I found the University of Maryland's CNL program and seems this might be a good fit for me.
From what I have read, this program does not require the GRE, is this correct?
What about the writing sample before or after your interview? This has me a little nervous! I am well written, but on the spot, I am not feeling to confident.
As far as the prerequisites are concerned:
General Chemistry with Lab: B- (university)
Human Anatomy and Physiology with Lab: A- & A- (2 courses 8 credit version) A (1 course 5 credit version) (both are from a community college)
Microbiology with Lab:B (community college)
Human Growth and Development: A (my minor is health psychology) (university)
Statistics: A- (4 credit math course) (community college)
Nutrition: A (my major is nutrition) (university)
From the prerequisites, I think I look relatively competitive.
My GPA is a 3.0 right now, I am hopping to have this increased by the time I graduate next summer (2013)
Also, I am a CNA and CPhT, this has to help. Including being a licensed cosmetologist in the sate of MI of eight years.
Even more, I have two associate degrees, ALA and AGS.
I am hoping I can get into a MSN direct entry program!?!?!?
Thanks in advance for reading my post and any comments or suggestions you might have.
- Oct 7, '12 by karebear123Hi,
UMD's CNL program does not require the GRE. The writing sample is not difficult at all. If you prepare well for your interview you should have no problem doing the writing portion. You have 20 mins. to complete it so they are not going to give you a topic that you have no clue about. Also, in preparing for it, I would suggest looking over basic guidelines for writing an essay. Focus more on your spelling, punctuation, etc.. It is hand-written, you will not be allowed to use a computer. Best of luck!
- Oct 9, '12 by taf1I applied for the CNL program for this Spring 2013, does anyone know if they started setting up interviews yet or when they will start that process?
- Oct 18, '12 by samistI called today and the lady said to expect to hear something in the next week or two. The anticipation is killing me.....
- Oct 22, '12 by taf1oh gosh, me too! Well maybe we will hear something this week.
- Oct 24, '12 by jmh21I had my interview for the CNL on October 11 and the dates that were available ended on the 18th...I have no idea when they are sending out acceptance/denial letters but hopefully soon!
- Nov 1, '12 by bori5017I just wondering that anyone hears the update news for decision? On last friday, I called the office, and they said that they will send the letter or email by 5th on next monday. I am so nervous to wait it!!!
- Nov 3, '12 by CappuccinaStill waiting to hear back from CNL as well. I've already been accepted to Georgetown's ABSN program, as well as their WHC scholarship, which pays 80% of Gtowns tuition with a commitment to work at WHC for 3 years (were will will get a salary). Does anyone here have any thoughts on the ABSN versus CNL route? Does UMSON have any comparable scholarships to the one at Georgetown?Eventually I'd like to do some international travel (or move to Australia!) with my nursing degree, and become an NP down the road. Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
- Nov 5, '12 by MaoganyHas anybody been called yet? I am also expecting to hear back.