CCBC Fall 2013 Nursing ApplicantsRegister Today!
- by hgeise1207 Jan 28Hi everyone! I haven't seen a thread for Fall 2013 applicants yet so I thought now would be a good time. It's still a little early, but since the deadline is in March, I figured, why not? I took my TEAS over the weekend and submitted my Nursing application today. Just wanted to connect with all the other hopefuls!
- Jan 31 by samantha_astenHello! I completed my TEAS exam as well and also submitted my application for the Fall 2013 Nursing Program (Essex Campus). Are you finished all of the prereqs? I am currently enrolled in A&P II, which I plan to get an A in! .. This wait is already killing me
- Feb 8 by hgeise1207I'm in Micro now, which is my final pre-req. I check SIMON everyday, even though I know nothing will be there for another couple of months lol Thank goodness I have a class this semester to keep me distracted, or I'd be losing my mind by now!!
- Feb 11 by samantha_astenI also applied to Harfords program as well, but I dont think my chances are good considering you get points deducted for not taking the prereqs at their campus. But I feel i have a good shot at getting into CCBCs program. Good luck with your micro class! I also want to keep checking Simon but the deadline is still another month away so i keep refraining myself from doing so lol
- Feb 12 by hgeise1207I got a post card in the mail the other day that says my application has been processed and I should hear about their decision in early May. Ahhh, the tension! lol Good luck with both of your programs! I looked into Harford's program, but that is just too far away (distance-wise) for me. Besides, since I live in Baltimore Co, I get the county tuition rates. Can't complain!
- Feb 18 by samantha_astenI finally got my post card Yay! My application is being processed as well! Time to keep our fingers crossed
- Feb 25 by lbrynesJust got my Teas results so my application should now be deemed complete.They posted Friday, so I imagine they will be received soon.
Considering taking them again, but not sure I can swing it again. I passed and am proficient, almost to the advanced level, but shy just a few points. Do you think it's that crucial to get in the advanced scoring? My GPA is 3.0 with just the sciences and 3.27 with all 10 weighted. I am so torn. I know it's a gamble, but I am so happy that test is done. My experience with ATI nearly drove me insane. They should really have a better system. Looking to do nights and weekends so I can continue with my current job. Good luck everyone!
- Feb 26 by hgeise1207lbrynes, where did you take your TEAS? Make sure you have them sent to CCBC; they don't do it automatically. If you think you can do better than Proficient on the 2nd round, try again! If not, you're just wasting your time. I think they only look at the categories, not the actual percentages. Good luck with everything! I originally wanted to keep my day job, and do school on the nights and weekends, but I got too nervous that my workload would be too big and my grades would suffer. I've been working 2 jobs, plus school, plus 2 kids (and prego with number 3!!) for a long time now, so daddy can pick up the slack so I can focus! =P I've got my fingers crossed for you both and hopefully the next 2 and a half months fly by to get our decisions =D
PS I have NO idea what my GPA is, with just pre-reqs and totals. I'll look mine up and post when I get the time
- Feb 27 by samantha_astenI was considering retaking the Teas as well. I scored in the advanced range, but I read that it's recommended you retest if you didnt get atleast a 90% in the reading section, which I did not. I'm hoping the overall advanced grade will be sufficient for entry.
- Mar 2 by Ella01Hi. I just got my TEAS result yesterday, and was not happy with my score. It was labeled as "proficient", but i dont know if its good enough for the program.I havent submitted my application yet. I currently have a 3.54 GPA, does anybody know the usual qualifications of the students accepted to the program? I am soooo anxious. I am also wondering if I can turn in my transcript from highschool, since I only graduated last year. My last pre requisites im taking right now is Micro and human anatomy 2. Im keeping my fingers crossed.