CCBC Fall 2013 Nursing Applicants - page 2
by hgeise1207 | 17,471 Views | 75 Comments
Hi everyone! I haven't seen a thread for Fall 2013 applicants yet so I thought now would be a good time. :) It's still a little early, but since the deadline is in March, I figured, why not? I took my TEAS over the weekend and... Read More
- 0Mar 4, '13 by hgeise1207Samantha, you shouldn't have to worry about retesting. I heard somewhere that they don't look at the individual scores. You could always call SHP and ask though, just to be sure.
Ella, have you put in your application yet? I don't think your high school transcript is required because they only look at your CCBC GPA and then your Program Requirements GPA. I know it says that a 2.5 GPA is required to get into the program, but I think they do admissions on a score basis.
lbrynes, I looked up all of my stuff finally. I have a Cumulative GPA of 3.78, with a GPA of 3.53 in just the program requirements. I scored an Advanced - 88.0% on the TEAS and am currently enrolled in Micro.
- 0Mar 4, '13 by lbrynesGreat scores and average [COLOR=#003366]hgeise1207[/COLOR] , especially with 2 kids and one on the way. I have 3 kids and it's such a hard balance to keep with kids, school and work. Kudos on your hard work. I took my test at the Rotunda and my transcript is supposed to be going to the CCBC ADN. That's what I paid for. Do I have to follow up with this? I need to check my mail and see if the card arrived. I am such a mess. I think I may bite the bullet and take the TEAS again. Samantha-Your scores seem good enough without retesting since you were advanced. I thought they looked at the overall score more than the individual sections. How long did it take you to get your postcards? My test scores posted online on the 22nd, so hopefully they have my results by now. Is everyone looking at the Essex day program? I opted for nights/weekends, but fear the seats are more limited and may be much more competitive. Fingers crossed for you all!
- 0Mar 6, '13 by SamanthamarseeHi everyone.... I scored advanced on the TEAS... but i ONLY have a 3.0 gpa and a 2.8 in the nursing prereqs... I got a C in psych and have a B in the other classes... I am enrolled in Micro now. I decided to play it safe and apply for LPN even though I really want RN =(
- 0Mar 8, '13 by nursefellyHi, I am also a nervous wreck nursing applicant for this program. I did really well on the TEAS V (98 percentile for the program) but my GPA is stinky. I wish you all the best of luck while secretly hoping I am picked over all of you . Just kidding. Hope to see you all as classmates in the fall!
- 0Mar 15, '13 by starpuffsMy application for the nights/weekends program is done and the wait begins! Hopefully, we can get one another through the wait. I am currently in Micro and A&PII. I'm not sure about my GPA; my grades are coming from three different schools and I don't know which grades they'll pull from each transcript. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!
- 0Mar 20, '13 by k12benurseHello everybody!
I took a little break, but I did submit my Fall application. Really want to get in because my job will flex my time so I can go to nursing school. Applied for the Day program this time. I feel I may have a better chance but we shall see. I graduated from CCBC in 2011. I have proficient in TEAS but Lord knows I shoud have retaken it to get a higher score... Waiting with you..................!