Poll: As a male in Nursing school, my goal/desire is to work in this area.... - Page 8Register Today!
- Dec 24, '08 by MachoNurseGreat idea for a thread! I was a fifth grade teacher prior to entering nursing school, and entered nursing school with the clear intention on becoming a pediatric nurse. I volunteered in the ER at our local children's hospital prior to starting school, which affirmed this for me. A new twist in this is that, after recently completing my L&D rotation, I'm now considering the possibility of working in the NICU. I loved it!
Nice to see so many men entering nursing, too.
- Jan 18, '09 by sydney shawI did my senior clinical rotations in L&D and loved it.
- Jan 22, '09 by statuspendingpicked research though the opportunity for that in my area is nearly zilch
- Mar 9, '09 by Timehonored RNThe poll was an eye opener; it seems we are all clustered in a few areas.
Why can a woman feel comfortable having a male OB but not a male L&D nurse or a male midwife?
I wasn't sure at all what I wanted until I went through Starting Point RN and had a session with the Life Coach they offered. I was preparing for the NCLEX (passed in 75 questions) but it was the Life and career Coaching that made this $150 program a great value. Now I know that I want to complete my MSN in Nurse-Midwifery and then my PhD in nursing education so I can teach OB nursing.
My school offered this program but you can reach them directly at www.startingpointRN.com
- Apr 2, '09 by MisterteeI graduate next month and I don't think I can get a job in a hospital because of a DWI. There goes my dream of ICU.
- Apr 7, '09 by Perpetual StudentQuote from MisterteeSeriously? I would imagine that it wouldn't make that much of a difference, at least so long as it was just alcohol. All kinds of people have DWIs. Keep applying anyway, even if you have to take a position on a floor you don't really desire to work on forever. You're bound to end up encountering someone that doesn't think it's a deal breaker at one facility or another.I graduate next month and I don't think I can get a job in a hospital because of a DWI. There goes my dream of ICU.
- Jul 26, '09 by BullmouseCould we add CRNA to the vote? Also, for those who mentioned CRNA=Money, and further indicated that money was their primary source of motivation please thoroughly inform yourselves about what steps are needed to become a CRNA. Money alone, is terrible motivation for perusing your CRNA. Read the book Watchful Care.
- Aug 13, '09 by Mr.Bar-be-SubQI wanted Pediatric Oncology as my goal...chose peds in the poll. I'm currently in Oncology and not complaining
- Jun 30, '10 by red2003xltOncology - I'm starting to lose good friends and family to this family of dieseases
Physical Rehab - My dad was a polio baby and nows hes in his sixities and I can see the effects on him.
- Nov 8, '10 by KevinwrightjrICU or ED then possibly burn unit but in the end a CRNA there so many possibilities out there in nursing