Nursing School Tomorrow!
- 0Jan 13, '13 by KendallMarieI start my first day of an 18 month PN Program tomorrow! I am so nervous/excited! Any tips for me from anyone who knows what I'm talking about?
Thanks in advance!
- 2Jan 13, '13 by NurseGuyBriI FEEL your anxiety! I remember the first day of PN clinicals I was incredibly nervous... Get there early, DOUBLE CHECK that you have your supplies (steth, pen, penlight, scissors). Before you go in, take deep breaths and remember why you chose the field. Be attentive, meet the nurse in charge of the patient you are assigned, but most importantly, meet the CNA that has your patient. That is where you will learn the most at this time! GOOD LUCK you'll do great!
- 0Jan 13, '13 by Concorde.KatTomorrow is my first day, too! I can so relate what you're going through. I still have to get my supplies and book bag ready. I know the first 20 days will be challenging considering you have to adjust school with well... life! Just remember to show up everyday religiously (remember you're paying for your education so they're working for you). You don't want to fall behind esp. since the classes are usually fast-pace. For transportation, childcare, and unexpected tragedies occur have a back up plan! Very important! Like today my car's breaks and master cylinder were an issue, fortunately, it was before school started. My car spent 2 1/2 days at the shop and I spent $600+. Just be prepared for the worse! I can't stress this enough, but don't miss a day of school. Good luck to you and your future endeavors. Take care.
- 1Jan 14, '13 by kristiesinI had my first day today! It was amazing. I was so nervous because I moved 1700 miles from home to attend school and I didn't know anyone. Everyone was fantastic, and I absolutely LOVED class. We had Fundamentals and Psycho-Social Nursing today. Tomorrow is Fundamentals and Pharmacology. I am really excited!
Hope you all had a fantastic first day as well!
- 0Jan 14, '13 by KendallMarieToday was interesting to say the least. I had a great time in class and I felt like I already learned a lot of things. I came home to do some homework, got out my books and I feel so overwhelmed now. I feel like I don't know where to start. I'm doing fundamentals and pharm right now. I had fundamentals lecture and lab today which was 8 hours for both and tomorrow is pharmacology lecture. Have a quiz on wed over 4 chapters. 3 of them we have to learn ourselves. I feel like its foreign language to me. I feel so discouraged now.
- 0Jan 14, '13 by blauren91Don't get discouraged, girl! Just keep reminding yourself why you decided to pursue nursing. When you are feeling excited and confident, write yourself a letter telling yourself how you felt the day you opened your acceptance letter (which you should either hang in your room in a frame or slip in your binder as a reminder), what your goals are and why you want to be a nurse. It's nursing school and it's supposed to be tough and overwhelming, but if you want it bad enough, you'll succeed. I had my first day today too and it was interesting but my instructors are so supportive and willing to help whenever we need it. Don't stress because your instructors want you to succeed as much as you do, so take advantage of their knowledge! Good luck!