Nursing School Tomorrow!Register Today!
- by KendallMarie Jan 13I start my first day of an 18 month PN Program tomorrow! I am so nervous/excited! Any tips for me from anyone who knows what I'm talking about?
Thanks in advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=808236©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 676 Views
- Jan 13 by NurseGuyBriI FEEL your anxiety! I remember the first day of PN clinicals I was incredibly nervous... Get there early, DOUBLE CHECK that you have your supplies (steth, pen, penlight, scissors). Before you go in, take deep breaths and remember why you chose the field. Be attentive, meet the nurse in charge of the patient you are assigned, but most importantly, meet the CNA that has your patient. That is where you will learn the most at this time! GOOD LUCK you'll do great!
- Jan 13 by Concorde.KatTomorrow is my first day, too! I can so relate what you're going through. I still have to get my supplies and book bag ready. I know the first 20 days will be challenging considering you have to adjust school with well... life! Just remember to show up everyday religiously (remember you're paying for your education so they're working for you). You don't want to fall behind esp. since the classes are usually fast-pace. For transportation, childcare, and unexpected tragedies occur have a back up plan! Very important! Like today my car's breaks and master cylinder were an issue, fortunately, it was before school started. My car spent 2 1/2 days at the shop and I spent $600+. Just be prepared for the worse! I can't stress this enough, but don't miss a day of school. Good luck to you and your future endeavors. Take care.
- Jan 13 by cyn_melinaHi,
I too start school tomorrow....I'm beyond nervous but at the same time, I feel very blessed 🙏 good luck to everyone n let's do this!!!!!
- Jan 14 by kristiesinI had my first day today! It was amazing. I was so nervous because I moved 1700 miles from home to attend school and I didn't know anyone. Everyone was fantastic, and I absolutely LOVED class. We had Fundamentals and Psycho-Social Nursing today. Tomorrow is Fundamentals and Pharmacology. I am really excited!
Hope you all had a fantastic first day as well!
- Jan 14 by NurseGuyBriKendall, Tell us how it went!
- Jan 14 by I♥ScrubsGood luck to all the people starting tomorrow! I will be half way through my 10 month program next Wednesday! Keep focused!
- Jan 14 by KendallMarieToday was interesting to say the least. I had a great time in class and I felt like I already learned a lot of things. I came home to do some homework, got out my books and I feel so overwhelmed now. I feel like I don't know where to start. I'm doing fundamentals and pharm right now. I had fundamentals lecture and lab today which was 8 hours for both and tomorrow is pharmacology lecture. Have a quiz on wed over 4 chapters. 3 of them we have to learn ourselves. I feel like its foreign language to me. I feel so discouraged now.
- Jan 14 by blauren91Don't get discouraged, girl! Just keep reminding yourself why you decided to pursue nursing. When you are feeling excited and confident, write yourself a letter telling yourself how you felt the day you opened your acceptance letter (which you should either hang in your room in a frame or slip in your binder as a reminder), what your goals are and why you want to be a nurse. It's nursing school and it's supposed to be tough and overwhelming, but if you want it bad enough, you'll succeed. I had my first day today too and it was interesting but my instructors are so supportive and willing to help whenever we need it. Don't stress because your instructors want you to succeed as much as you do, so take advantage of their knowledge! Good luck!
- Jan 15 by KendallMarieThanks for your advice! Today was definitely much better. Just first day jitters I guess!