LPN schools in Maryland?!Register Today!
- by helloporcelain Oct 6Hello all!
I'm currently a CNA in MD that eventually planned on going on to become an RN. I attended Montgomery College for 2 years and got all my pre-reqs out of the way. However, I'm now pregnant with my first child, so my goals have to be pushed back a little to make time for my little one. However, I figured I would check out any LPN programs that are accepted by the Board of Nursing here and I was wondering if anyone here knew of any good ones? Even a program that offered online classes? I know several schools here have the LPN to RN bridge programs but I'll figure that out when the time comes.
If anyone knows of anything, I'd love your help! Thanks.
- Oct 8 by MamaGyrlThere are no LPN programs in MD but there are a few in DC. All of the schools in MD are associated with community colleges or universities. Check out the DC board of nursing and it will tell you about the accredited schools there. I attended Comprehensive Health Academy on Bladensburg Rd and they were pretty good but its hard work. I took the MARC train and caught the bus to the school. Its worth it!
- Oct 11 by IdlovetobeanurseActually, sojourner Douglass college has an lpn program and an lpn to bsn bridge program. Some community colleges also have lpn programs.
- Oct 11 by IdlovetobeanurseYou can also check out the Maryland board of nursing for more information on lpn and rn programs
- Oct 13 by Tasha1309Howard Community College in Columbia, MD.
- Oct 13 by helloporcelainI'll look around, thanks everyone!!
- Oct 16 by NurseKateCThere is also a program at the Community College of Baltimore County.