Lpn- central/picc lines - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 26, '11 by Rico84really!! that would be weird, to ask the BON and they refuse on you. I recently asked if LPNS could take critical labs over the phone from lab, bc for some odd reason they don't let us at this hospital. They replied so quickly and said YES..its within our scope to accept a critical and notify the physician. Some of the rules are just odd.
- Nov 26, '11 by jimthorpQuote from Rico84I thought it was weird too. I even asked my state assemblyman for help. Still no answer from the PA BON.really!! that would be weird, to ask the BON and they refuse on you.
Interesting though, they have pending legislation clariying the very issue I raised but it has sat idle or two years.
- Nov 26, '11 by Rico84what kind of question do you have?
- Nov 27, '11 by jimthorpQuote from Rico84what kind of question do you have?
I wanted to know if LPN's could access and maintain PICC lines. I had already read the NPA and nowhere was ANY VAD mentioned but the question was brought by up by many coworkers so I decided to go to the top for an answer and was turned away citing some legal drivel why they could not advise me even though the NPA says they can.
- Nov 16, '12 by StinkMomBombQuote from TheCommuterUm, you are amazing!!This is helpful to everyone. So, I'm a new grad LPN from MI and NAPNES certified, this means I can do an IV push?...don't want to get terminology wrongi hope that this helps.