LSU BSN program Spring 2013 - Page 21Register Today!
- Nov 28, '12 by Anna B GI'm pretty positive they don't email because it's an official offer for admission. I live about 2.5 miles from the school and I didn't see it in the mail today. As far as gpa goes, it seems like they are kind of vague about the importance of each of the factors they consider. They don't really have cut-offs, beside the requirement for applying. When I went to the info session in May, they speaker said they would try to send them right before going on holiday for thanksgiving. Obviously they were a tad behind on that schedule but not extremely.
- I stay in New Orleans also. Maybe Tom? I just want to know if I'm accepted or not so I can move on with my plans. It is a bit late..absolutely ridiculous for those living out of state. In like a month school starts already. I just hope tomorrow. Cross fingers*
- Nov 28, '12 by kp2012Not sure if y'all already know this, but LSU is going through massive budget cuts and layoffs right now. The folks I work with at University Hospital are bracing themselves for what's to come...and it doesn't sound good. I bet the delay in letters has to do with lack of (wo)manpower. The whole School of Nursing was potentially up for the chopping block earlier this year:
LSU Flagship, Medical & Nursing Schools Threatened by Budget Cuts | LSU System
- Well, I don't think it would be effective immediately. And that whole statement is all about possibility but not of the current standing
- Nov 28, '12 by rkell22I heard through the grapevine that one of my friends got her letter tonight! She lives in New Orleans, so it would make sense that she got it today if they mailed them out yesterday. I haven't received mine yet, but it shouldn't be long now! Good luck to everyone!!!
- Nov 28, '12 by funsizedfuturenurseI stay in Baton Rouge and I got my acceptance letter today. Honestly I didn't think I would get in. I had a 2.9 prereq gpa b/c I did horrible in the sciences and an 86 hesi "/ BUT luckily I'm a great writer and speaker so my paper and interview were great! I think they care more about passion than strictly gpa. Good luck to y'all !
- Congrats! I live in New Orleans and I still haven't got mines!! my GPA for nursing prereqs (not counting overall since it doesn't count) is a 3.4. But it mainly interview and other criteria that they look at also and add up the points. I'm really nervous now! (
- Nov 29, '12 by Anna B GNow I'm super nervous. I'm worried my letter will get lost in the mail or something crazy like that.My pre-req gpa and HESI score were really good, and I feel confident about the paper and interview. I'm just worried about actually getting the letter!
- Nov 29, '12 by ashleyBRI live in baton rouge and got my acceptance letter yesterday.. Well on November 28! I have a 3.5 and got an 80 on the hesi. Good luck everyone!!
- Nov 29, '12 by Thuyti3nQuote from Anna B GI'm sure you'll get yours! It seems like those staying in BR got it first.. I'm guessing they're LSU students? I live in Nola and I'm in same boat as you! :/Now I'm super nervous. I'm worried my letter will get lost in the mail or something crazy like that.My pre-req gpa and HESI score were really good, and I feel confident about the paper and interview. I'm just worried about actually getting the letter!