CHARITY SON Spring 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- May 3, '12 by tired_of_waitingYes, its finals time and I'm so glad this semester is ALMOST over!
@Tabby_84 Thanks and I hope so too! I'm not giving up because I really want to be a nurse and yesI think I would regret it later on if I gave up! I'm from Laplace, its on the eastbank right in between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. It is a little early but I'd love to meet up with anyone interested in carpool,I think its a great idea myself!
@KristenNola I was in shock with how high the profile score was for Fall. Talking to head of admissions for Charity she was pretty shocked herself but unfourtunutly with budget cuts they don't take as many studentsas they usually do from what she said. I took classes at Delgado for the first time this semester. I spent onesemester at Southeastern, and transferred to RPCC and took pretty much all my pre-reqs there. I'm at the
city park campus this semester and am about to finish my last pre-req there. As of right now, I plan on goingback to RPCC in the fall to take a few extra classes for the BSN program at Southeastern. I plan on gettingmy BSN later on anyway, but just in case I don't get into Charity for the Spring, I'll have a plan B.
- May 4, '12 by cjwjos0930Good luck to all of you guys. I applied for the fall2012 and got in (Thank U LORD), but i had to deferr to the spring 2013 because of personal issues. Just hold on and don't give up God knows your heart desire. I hope to meet all of you as we travel on this new journey in our lives. Keep your head up and be encourage.
- May 7, '12 by tired_of_waitingThanks cjwjos0930! Congrats on getting in! This has been a crazy and stressful journey so far and I know that I'm not going to give up! Hope to see you in Spring of 2013 as well!
- May 14, '12 by mistiweedmanI sent my application off last Monday for the 2013 Spring semester. But my profile score was only 65. I got really discouraged when I read they will not be accepting anyone that got under a 75. Or what that for this fall semester?
- May 14, '12 by MamisuI had a 65 profile score and got in for fall 2012. It was my first time applying. I've heard that spring semester's cut off is lower than the fall because there are less people applying than the fall. So don't worry, have faith that you will get in! Don't listen to discouraging comments from people!
- May 14, '12 by KristenNola@mistiweedman, 75 was the minimum profile score for Fall 2012 applicants. The minimum score depends on the ratio of people that apply and how many they can admit. I've heard that generally spring applicants are fewer than fall applicants because people would rather start school in the fall after summer break. So the profile score for spring admission may be lower than 75.
- May 15, '12 by letter-anyday-nowWell I didn't get in for fall 2012 but hopefully after all the hard work i put in to complete all the pre-reqs will pay off. We wont find out until September-October according to the director.
- May 16, '12 by tired_of_waitingThat late? On the DCC website it says that the letters go out mid July.
- May 16, '12 by KristenNolaI was told by someone in Admissions in October as well. But it does say on their website middle of July. So I don't know, maybe they say October so people won't get upset when they're not received in July and complain that so and so said we would get them bu July.
- May 16, '12 by tired_of_waitingWho knows when it comes to DCC. Oh well, I was hoping they'd send them out at the time they say on their website that way if I don't get in, again, I can know for sure if I'll need to take extra classes so I can apply elsewhere. I'm just gona go ahead and take more classes in the Fall in case I do need to apply to Southeastern.