legal nursingRegister Today!
- by caeRn Feb 28, '10Hello, I am new to this website. I have an intereset in legal nursing i have researched it for a couple weeks. I am still not sure where or how to get started. I have looked into the aalnc course and think it is reasonably priced. Any suggestions on courses? How do I start with no experience is it best to try to look for a law firm hiring???? Please help! I am RN, BSN with 6 years experience. I started off in ICU where I worked for 2 1/2 years and then switched to the Float pool. I have ACLS, TNCC and PALS. I work in every unit curretly. Looking for change.
- Hello and welcome to allnurses and the legal nurse forum. You have certainly come to the right place for information regarding LNC's.
Check out the "sticky threads" (found at the top of this forum). They will answer a lot of your questions about educative entities, marketing tips, etc.
You mentioned the online course offered by the AALNC. It is a comprehensive course, however, one major drawback with it is that you have to be self-disciplined to get through the course. But you can work at your own pace, and it is far more economical than other options.
It sounds like you have an excellent clinical background to be an LNC. You already have valuable nursing skills. An LNC course will teach you how to use those skills to assist attorneys in medical-legal cases. You will also learn how to market yourself which is the key to a successful career as an LNC.
If you have specific questions, please post them here.
- Thank you for the welcoming words. I have looked through some threads. I have noticed many questions about software. Anyone have any software tips??? Do most LNC start independtly or do they start in law firms?
- Any examples of an intoductory letter? would it be beneficial to purchase "legal nurse consulting" book prior to course?
- If you take the AALNC course, you should strongly consider becoming a member before you purchase anything. Members get a discount on books as well as the online course.
- Thank you so much for your help!!!