Evening/weekend classesRegister Today!
- by kellysm Mar 22, '11Does anyone know of any nursing programs besides JCCC that offers evening/weekend classes in the Kansas City area? I already have a bachelors degree so I've been looking into BSN programs as well. Thanks for any information!
- 4,488 Views
- Mar 23, '11 by heathert_kcThere are very few RN programs that are offered in non-traditional times, though a few LPN ones. Pen valley a branch of the metropolitian community college on the Missouri side has a part time evening program (both LPN and RN, I believe) though I think that it only starts like every other year or something.
Donnelly College, a private non-profit Catholic college in Kansas City Kansas offers an LPN program evening/weekend. Though it is private, it's pretty cheap (like $5000 tuition/books and everything; that half the cost of Pen valley's LPN) Plus they have a 100% pass rate their first year.
Those are the only resonably priced schools, that I know that offer classes on this type of schedule for their nursing program. There are some for profit, trade schools that offer that sort of thing for their LPN programs on a part time basis usually, but they are pricey and in my opinion not really worth it.
As far as pre-licensure BSN programs I do not personally know of any who have less traditional class times perhaps someone else will be able to help you out with that.
- Mar 23, '11 by kellysmThanks for taking the time to reply!! I didn't know about Donnelly so I'll check it out. Have a great day!!
- Mar 26, '11 by MoreThanAJobMetropolitan Community College, Penn Valley location (downtown) also has an evening & weekend ADN program that accepts applications every ODD year (so this year they are accepting for the next weekend/evening program that will start in the SPRING of next school-year (Spring 2012). Here is a link to their website for the ADN program: http://mcckc.edu/main.asp?P=DP_RNUR-CU
Last edit by MoreThanAJob on Mar 26, '11 : Reason: spelling error
- Mar 28, '11 by kellysmThanks for the information. I'll check into them also!