Any Iowa OR nurses on this site??Register Today!
- by RNERHOUSESUPOR Jun 10, '08Don't see anything other than possible travel assignments when I search for OR postions. Are all the OR's fully staffed. Don't want to take a travel assignment right now.
- Jun 10, '08 by iamaca2000Mercy-Dubuque have had a couple in the past months. You could apply there. Otherwise, I know that Genesis in the quad city are also has some. Hope this helps.
- Jun 14, '08 by zahryiaSorry to hijack this thread, but how are the Iowa nurses doing with the flooding going on?
- Jun 17, '08 by aphi~gnI'm not completely sure but I was looking on the Iowa Health Systems website ( Blank, Methodist, and Iowa Lutheran) and there weren't any OR positions but there were ER positions (I think mainly at Blanks Children's Hospital).
I know Mercy is restructuring right now and some nurses may be leaving because of it. . .so I would suggest possibly contacting Mercy's HR dept and inquire about appling for an OR position. Hope this helps ! !
- Jun 17, '08 by aphi~gnAlso ~ I recently checked out the job board for Mary Greeley Medical Center in Ames and they are hiring RN's for the OR ! Good Luck
- Jun 28, '08 by RNERHOUSESUPORThanks I will keep that in mind. Found a travel assignment in Utah, for now may be looking next spring.
- Jul 23, '08 by RN1417I don't know if this would be of help to anybody, but I was recently contacted regarding an OR position in Des Moines for a 13 week contract. I was very interested, but did not have the experience needed. If anybody is interested, I would be more than happy to provide the contact information.
- Sep 7, '08 by surgnurse1We have several openings at our hospital and have more travellers staffing right now than regular RN's in our OR's. Also openings for Open Heart Team for RN's. Allen Memorial Hospital, Waterloo IA....check us out!! Good luck with your search:spin:!