I am an RN in California. Can I practice in Canada? - page 2

Hello everyone. I really need your help.. Here is my situation.. I am an RN BSN in California and have over 5 years of experience in the field. I have 2 yrs of ICU experience as well as some... Read More

  1. by   dishes
    Tasha, how are you planning to move to Vancouver? Are you going to immigrate as a skilled worker through express entry? If so, look at each step of the immigration process on cic.gc.ca and make a budget that includes all of your immigration and potential licensing costs. You will need at least $12,000-15,000 to support yourself for the first 6 months after you arrive in Canada. The cost of living in Vancouver is very high and you don't want your money to run out before you find a nursing job.
  2. by   tasha700
    I am not sure yet how I will actually move. It will be the next step to figure out. I am not ever sure what kind of immigration documents I am allowed to obtain in order to be legal in the country. I will check out the cic.gc.ca as you are recommending. Again, thx. Meanwhile, I will try to save as much $ as I can while working here. I am aware of the cost of living in Vancouver. But, unfortunately, I don't know anyone else in other provinces.