Indiana State University LPN-BSN 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on Indiana State University LPN-BSN 2012 in Indiana State University Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hello, I am due to start the LPN-BSN program at Indiana State University in the fall of 2012...by Tootie88 Nov 14, '11Hello,
I am due to start the LPN-BSN program at Indiana State University in the fall of 2012 and decided to start a thread for fellow students who may be starting around the same time so that we can connect and support each other.
I'm in Maryland
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=641517©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 37,755 Views
- I'm do to start in fall 2012 also. Have you taken the TEAS and Challenge Exams?
- Nov 14, '11 by Tootie882brn09,
I have taken the TEAS last year at my current nursing school. I was told that I need to retake the science portion because I got a 50%, and ISU's passing rate is 52%.
I graduate from my current LPN Program in December, so I probably won't take the Challenge Exams until after I take the NCLEX-PN.
- Have you taken any of your other prereqs in Phase 1? I will be taking Teas this week. Nur 106 next week. Are you aiming to all of them done before June 1st 2012 deadline? I'm in Georgia.
- Nov 14, '11 by samibear74I am shopping for a LPN-RN program as well. What made you pick Indiana State?
- The flexebility of the program. I can still work and set my clinicals around my work hours. You choose a preceptor in your area. What state are you in?
- Nov 15, '11 by Tootie88I chose ISU because it was nationally accredited and a lot of nurses I spoke with in my area (At Johns Hopkins and NIH) said that it was a very good program.
I have taken all of my pre-reqs, 2brn. I'm definitely aiming to have all of m challenge exams done by June. I almost got sucked into TCN, but I've read a lot of posts that said they were unnecessary and too expensive. You only pay for the study guides and they are $630/ piece...No thanks! I will just make good use of the text books that I've already paid $200+ for and ATI helps a lot. And ISU already uses ATI so it's an easy transition.
- Nov 15, '11 by 2brn09Great! i'm looking for ward to my studies with them. From my understanding ISU have a great reputation.
- Nov 15, '11 by Tootie88Me too. I'm so excited.
I will keep the thread updated on my progress.
- Nov 22, '11 by blakutsHello. Will be starting Fall 2012 also. Have to take a chemistry class, test out of micro, do the 4 nursing tests, and the teas. Will be a busy next 6 months. I already have a bachelors in social work so once in the program just the nursing reqs needed. I'm glad a new current thread was started. Anyone else testing out of micro? any info given would be helpful. Good talking to you guys.