Ivy Tech Info.Register Today!
- by Billsgirl Dec 26, '07hi! i am a pca/cna who works in and will be attending iun in indiana, but i live in illinois!:spin:
i hear a lot about ivy tech at work, some of the younger girls are going to be going there. hat kind of school is it and where is it located??
i am registered at iun, and supposed to start the bsn program in fall08, but i like to have as much info. as possible.
- 2,805 Views
- Dec 27, '07 by jackson145Ivy Tech has several locations. Bloomington, Indianapolis, Columbus, Evansville, Terre Haute, Anderson. There's a bunch more but that's all I can remember.
I can only speak for Ivy Tech Bloomington.
It has an ASN program and a LPN program that start every spring and fall. Each summer there is a LPN to RN bridge program.
Right now they take about 3-4 times as many in the LPN program as the RN program. LPN is 2 semesters and RN is 4.
If you start in the spring you do a summer semester and if you start in the fall you get the summer off.
We don't have a waiting list. Admission is based on your grades from 4 pre-reqs and your score on the TEAS.
Hope that helps! Anymore questions, just let me know.
- Dec 27, '07 by Billsgirlthank you!
i will look into it, can never have too much info. on schools!!:spin:
- Jan 18, '08 by ProspectiveRN01Can anyone post a sample schedule of their classes for the ASN program at Ivy Tech, such as times and dates? Just getting an idea of whether to keep my full time job on the weekends. Thanks
- Jan 24, '08 by StudentNurseAndiI am in my second semester of clinicals, ASN. My schedule is:
Tues, clinical 0630-1830
wednesday, 2 lectures 1030-1630
thursday, med/surg II 1300-1630
Then starting March 10 I go to OB/peds rotation so I only have 1 lecture starting then. BTW, the lpn program is 3 semesters, not 2 as you have to go all summer for the 3rd semester.
- Feb 22, '08 by littlemamaktThank you so much for your posts about your schedules! I hate that it is all such a mystery. That's not so bad. I was making it out to be so much worse.
Well, gotta go to bed. I'm taking the TEAS in the morning! :zzzzz