Indy Networking/Advice?Register Today!
- by Sweetmango Sep 9, '11Hi Indy RNs!
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there with networking opportunities that I could jump in on. Volunteering opportunities? Advice on how to get your foot in the door to increase ones experience??
Thanks for your time
- Nov 9, '11 by rnmominscrubsWhat area do you live around Indy? North, south, east or west of the city? What are your credentials? RN, LPN? What is your experience? What is your area of interest - your passion? Indy is chock full of opportunities - let me know the above info and I"ll see if I can steer you to a good organization!
- Nov 9, '11 by SweetmangoI'm in about central Indy, Im new to the area, and I know I can go anywhere in Indy!
I'm an RN BSN
I can't say I have much experience. I've gone through the basic BSN program and I've volunteered in many places (homeless shelter, work with the elderly, Hospice care center in Peru)
Area of interest, it's hard to say, I am interested in learning more about med/surg & oncology. My passion is to be able to serve others (as cliche as that may sound)...I want to give back to my community and I'm open to new opportunities.
Thanks so much for taking the time to talk to me about this, I really appreciate this!
- Nov 9, '11 by rnmominscrubsNo, your passion to serve is NOT cliche' - it's the definition of a nurse! The Heart and Soul Clinic in Westfield is currently recruiting volunteers, especially RNs. They are a walk-in free clinic and operate 2 Saturdays a month. Visit their website for info! Are you currently looking for a job? With your BSN, IU Health is a good bet, as is St Vincent. I have friends at St Francis and Community Hospital East and West who love their work environment. Enjoy holistic health? Westview (38th and Guion Rd) is a wonderful osteopathic hospital. Good luck!
- Dec 2, '11 by rnmominscrubsHeard you connected with Heart and Soul - awesome! I wish I can IM you, but I haven't posted my required 15 posts. I'm sure we will meet soon, I told the director to share my name with you. Take care and best of luck in your full time job search!
- Dec 2, '11 by SweetmangoThank you so much for leading me in this direction! I forsee a lot of great work being done in the clinic. I'm excited to be a part of the team!