UIC GEP 2011 Cohort - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 28, '10 by dmtherHi its nice to meet everyone who is going through the same process! I found out on the 22nd that I have a interview for the Mental Health Nurse practitioner specialty. Any one else out there received an interview for that specialty?
- Mar 29, '10 by WordGirl44I still haven't heard anything yet. I applied to the WHNP and I am so nervous. I want this so badly and each day I don't hear anything just gets me more anxious...
- Mar 29, '10 by tulip19Hopefully no news is good news!?! Hang in there,...much easier said than done, I know. Hopefully you will hear something SOON!!
- Mar 29, '10 by SimplySamWordGirl- I'm sorry that you're getting so anxious but I am relieved to hear that you haven't heard anything yet, either! I also applied to WHNP and haven't heard anything... I wonder why this specialty is taking so much longer to inform us about interviews?
- Mar 29, '10 by WordGirl44Thanks Guys!
SimplySam-It's nice to meet another WHNP applicant. I've heard that many people apply to this specialty in particular so maybe thats why? Fingers cross we both hear something soon.
- Mar 29, '10 by chirunI also applied to WHNP and I'm still waiting...I've been under the assumption that no news is bad news, but hopefully that's not the case and they are just being incredibly slow. Glad to know I'm not the only one!
- Mar 29, '10 by ABossletHas anyone heard about the interview process as far as the "group format" for acute care goes?
- Mar 29, '10 by UIC.Class2010Hi ABosslet (and anyone else this may help),
I'm in the GEP program right now and I can only speak from my experience (Adult/Geriatric NP) and my friends who are in the Acute and Peds NP track. I, along with Acute, had group interviews of 4 people at a time. And Pediatrics had one on one. So it depends on your specialty. All the faculty is very welcoming so just be prepared as to why YOU want to get into nursing. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps ease some nerves!
- Mar 29, '10 by ABossletThank you for your quick reply. I figured that would obviously be the main focus, but I wasn't positive about specifics because I have never had a group interview before.
- Mar 29, '10 by UIC.Class2010I say that only because (if in a group interview) you will all answer the same questions after one another so it's easier to avoid getting tongue-tied if you are very specific to why you want it. They will also more than likely ask how you plan on dealing with the intensity of the program. But I'm sure you will all do a great. And any specific questions you have I'd be more than happy to try and answer them for you. Good Luck!!