Harper College RN Program - Page 5Register Today!
- Apr 25 by mernahI'm finishing up my 1st year at Harper. A few things you should know:
1). You only get to choose your classes and clinicals first semester. You will be at their mercy thereafter.
2). Getting in is easy. I had the full 90 points. I am happy to get Bs and Cs and was only 1 of 3 to land an A in patho and I think that was an easy class.
3). Med surg will kick your ass so hard you will wonder why you decided to go to nursing school to begin with.
4). Find a core group of friends and support each other but don't hesitate to slough of the lazy and dumb students you will encounter. They will only drag you under the water with them.
5). Dedicate yourself to studying but don't over study because you will burn yourself out. Remember to laugh and push through the pain.
6). It gets better and every 4th semester I talk to says everything finally came together by mid 3rd semester.
- Apr 25 by islandgirl21Thanks for the advice Mernah. I'm so nervous because of all the horror stories I've heard of. Congrats on finishing your first year. As the days go by the more nervous I get. I worked so hard to get in I don't want to fail. I also heard patho is the hardest class first semester.
- Apr 27 by Axm611291Ive already taken my NLN in march 7th i scored in te 81 percentile i definaty didnt do as goo in the verbal section
So far i have 25 pnts from my nln 10 from micro bio
And finishing up anatomy with a B which is 15 more points
so i have 50 points ending this semester an im taking physio over the summer
Hoping i earn an A thats about 70 points?? Is it a must for me to score higher on the nln verbal portion?? English is a weak subject for me !
Thank you in advance
- Apr 27 by islandgirl21That's a good score so far but u can't get less than a B in physiology and you will be fine. I think 55 and higher you have a good chance on getting in. So I would just focus on that. You can do it.
- Apr 27 by Axm611291Thank you for all the info !! good luck in the program!
- Apr 27 by islandgirl21Thank you
- May 16 by islandgirl21Orientation dates are out guys. I'm going on the 18th.
- Sep 26 by justine30Hello, has anyone applied for spring 2014?
- Sep 26 by justine30mernah....Hi, I just came across your post....since you got an A in Patho, please share with all of us "newbies" how did you study for the tests... any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- Oct 11 by gem56789Hey everyone! For those of you who have gotten into the program, what was the total points you guys had to get in? What did most people have ?? Thanks, just wondering! (::