Average RN Case Manager Pay in PA??Register Today!
- by kakrn5 Nov 8, '11Hi all,
I am new to the hospice field and am wondering what the average pay is like for other RN case managers? I am a FT employee, Mon-Fri 8-430 with some on-call responsibility. My case load is about 7-12 pts, both at home and in facilities. I am salaried at $52000/year in PA. I have no clue what the average pay is in this area...what is everyone else making??
- Nov 8, '11 by jeannepaulI'm not in PA, but that sure seems low to me. Here in Texas it can be anywhere from 63.000 to 66,000 plus mileage pay and extra for on call. I can usually make up to 80.000 + depending on how many miles I drive and how much call I want to do.
- Nov 9, '11 by LMTRNHowever, your case load is light, compared to what is expected in my organization. I'm in Florida, and I was hired as a new grad, with basically the same type of patients, about 48K. I maxed out at one time with 23.
- Nov 9, '11 by kakrn5I do get paid for being on call...it's 2.75/hour for being back up on call and $50 if I have to make a visit. I am also a new grad, and 7-12 pts is a low ballpark. It could definitely get higher. I also have a company car, so that's why I don't get mileage. I appreciate the responses. It seems like the pay varies greatly from state to state and from organization to organization.
- Nov 10, '11 by hospicernsrgr8tI am a case manager in Central PA, for a large non profit hospice agency. My caseload is usually at an average of 14, with a mix of home and facility patients. I do not have a company car, and get paid mileage. We usually see 4 people a day, and have no on call hours. (Nurses are hired to cover the off shifts). My salary is just a little over $56,000/year. Usually my work weeks are 50 hours on average. Just something to compare. All things have benefits and drawbacks.
- Nov 10, '11 by ErinSI am in Utah, and when I was case managing had 12-15 patients. Your load seems low which makes me think you will be driving a lot. I make closer to $80000, but that is with mileage and overtime. I generally take a call shift once or twice a month. I am also paid per visit.