home health agency

  1. 0 Good evening everyone,

    I have just found this forum and appreciate the wealth of information in here. I researching a particular topic and am hoping someone can advise. I am considering opening a Non Medical homecare franchise in NY state and I am trying to understand some of the certifications and licensing. I am aware that NY state has a nice long LHCSA application which take's many months. One item I keep getting caught up in is the CNA Vs HHA, Vs companion care requirements. I believe, But need clarity that :

    For Companion care ( Home maker, shopping, errands, meal prep, anything that is "non-touch") I understand that really anyone can do it. i.e. you do not need a state training cert. The franchise systems I am looking at provides a base of base first aid training, infection ctrl, Alzheimer's etc. which I think everyone going into a seniors home should have

    For Personal Care (Anything that is "touching" , Bathing & hygiene, Transfer & posture positioning, Continence and toileting care etc) I think that ( and here is where I am unclear) the person needs a HHA certification from NY state. That being said I am also seeing reference to a CNA being either required or considered the same.

    Can anyone advise, specific to NY state, what the difference between a CNA and HHA is and which is required in NY state to provide personal care type services. I would not be providing any medical type care ( wound care, meds etc)

    Thanks to all - much appreciated
  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. Visit  mumford profile page

    About mumford

    Joined Jul '12; Posts: 1.

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and find your dream job.