computer nursing notesRegister Today!
- by NursePeggy Aug 1, '98We are going to start using hand held computers in about 6 to 8 weeks. Any one have any experience with this type of charting?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=4135©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,769 Views
- Aug 2, '98 by SheilaWe're implementing HBOC's Documentation Plus system via laptops next week and will upgrade to their Pathways 2000 product next year. I have been heading the implementation project for our hospital based agency.
Which product are you implementing?
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have questions.
Good luck with the transition to electronic patient records!
- Aug 2, '98 by NursePeggyThanks for your imput Sheila,
I am not sure what product the management team has picked out. They did says that it was initially designed by nurses. I'll let you know product's name when I find out.
We are also a hospital based home health.
[This message has been edited by NursePeggy (edited 08-02-98).]
- Aug 2, '98 by cristaI would absolutely be delighted if my agency went to a computer based charting system! It would dramatically cut down on the time I spend on redundant paper work, and leg-work because of running out of blank materials. Let us know how it's going, will you?
- Aug 5, '98 by SandraI work in a hospital based HHC and we have had hand held ccomputers for over a year. We have the PtCT system. It has been a lot more time and work than what we originally thought but I really think the staff would hate to go back to paper even though these seem to take as much time some days or more. Any one else have any info. on this system?
- Aug 10, '98 by Nurse LisaTo Nurse Peggy:
I am familiar with PTCT, and it takes some
commitment to learn, but once you do, you'll never want to go back to written documentation! There are systemic organized
documentation areas that you can chart if
unable to document the entire picture!! You will love it, but remember, in the beginning it will be frustrating, but stay with it!
If I can help or if you have more specific
questions, please let me know!!
- Aug 11, '98 by AUNTNETTEwe are using HBOC's Pathway app 2 months ago we started using laptop's to do our initial assessments. There have been a few problems but it is exciting. We are a beta site for the system so the product is still in development