Just took Hesi a2 entrance exam today - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 28, '12 by meandmine1984From my experience when I took my hesi June 23 2012 I swear I barely studied. When I went to go talk to the school Rep she gave me the book to study.I just brushed over a couple things. But it was fairly easy. Best thing I can say is at least attempt to glance over brush over read up or study some things u may feel u forgot. Don't go cocky and be confident. U will pass!!! Best luck to ya.
- Jul 28, '12 by SaraMCQuote from karli323Your college book store should have the hesi admissions assessment exam review book that you could purchase. I bought mine yesterday and it was about $40. They also have flash cards that could be helpful just the person at the check out counter you're taking the hesi entrance exam and ask what material they have for review purposes. Good luck!I just took the HESI today and had not studied at all. I wanted to see how I would do with just general knowledge. However, I didn't not do as well as I would like to. Does any one have any tips as to what I can do to study?
- Jul 28, '12 by lawsonmI just took the HESI A2 today (7/28/12). It took me 3 out of the 4 hours to complete. When you go, you get a locker to put everything in-you only need your government issued I.D. I was given material to write on and you don't need a calculator because it is already on the computer. Also, there is a locker/lock that you get to use for your other items.
The English portion was pretty easy, especially the grammar. Just make sure you know different versions words such as they're/their/there. I was really stressed about vocabulary, but the words really were not too bad. I would say, if you go to grammer101.com and brush up on nouns/verbs/adjective/adverbs, independent/dependent, and other basics, you will be fine. Also, make sure you practice reading and understanding passages. Seems easy, but doing practice in books really helped me figure out the kind of answers they were looking for. I got a 96.67%.
The Math portion was pretty easy for me. I got a 100% BUT, I also studied for this the most. Make sure you are very comfortable with adding/subtracting fractions and converting improper to proper fractions. Make sure you know ratios (TONS!) and percentages.
The hardest portions for me were the sciences. I am glad I just took these courses in college already or I would have not done too well. Biology: a lot about cells/organelles, gametes, animal classifications (KP(SP)COFGS) and Chemistry was a lot about acid/bases, different bonds, periodic table. My score was 94% on sciences.
I did take the A&P but it's not required for me and doesn't count. I have NOT taken any A&P since highschool (about 8 years ago). Um...HARD! I would honestly say..study a lot of A&P.
I would say that I wish I would have studied a lot more for sciences. I thought the questions would be more general, and a lot of them are not. Focus on as much sciences as possible, and just refresh yourself on math/English. I studied off 3 books I got on Amazon.
- Aug 17, '12 by yossisiegelWhat can you tell me about the nursing program at ITT in South Bend? Do they offer evening classes? I work full time and looking for an RN program in south bend that will allow me to continue to work.
Also, how was was it to get in? is there a waiting list?Quote from hgwalter91Hey everyone! I am a male phlebotomist about to go for a RN.
About to attend ITT Breckinridge in South Bend, IN in September,2012.
The test was pretty easy, but i def put a lot of my time studying for it. I only had to take math, reading, grammar, and vocabulary. I used the official study guide for it and quizlet flash cards.
- know how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions
- know how to find x in fractions.
- know conversions (search google for quizlet flash card conversions)
- know basic adding, subtracting, and ect
Reading: pretty easy didn't study
Grammar: just basic stuff from high school
Vocab: hardest part for me...a lot of words ive never seen but still go over quizlet flash cards for hesi a2 helped me pass that part.