KCC ADN FALL 2011 - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 19, '11 by AriiQuote from nurse_onedayI'm at the LCC cohort. Got an email yesterday stating my clinical assignment. As for distance..it's far, but it doesn't bother me too much. I live pretty far from everything anyways...so I'm used to it. I just need my vanilla mac coffee from 7-11 and I'm ready to go, no matter what time it isI got the skills and standards package from KCC book store a while back...
It's also on laulima if you want to print it up at home...
just wondering... how did you get assigned a clinical location already??
I looked on laulima but didn't see anything... I didn't get an email either...
I'm at KCC... maybe we have different teachers?? are you at LCC??
that's gonna be hard trying to get to straub at 6:30 in the morning if you live on that side...
I'm not sure why they open up LCC cohort if they're gonna make everyone drive out to town for the lectures and clinicals lol
good luck to you! hope the commute is not too much of a pain in the behind for you!!
- Aug 24, '11 by makawiliwiliGood luck at KCC! I graduated from there . It's one of the toughest programs out there- they will BREAK you at some point- but get back up again!!! LOL!!! Seriously, they have no problem weeding out the weak, the faint of heart, the lazy, the attitude-problems, but boy it was worth it. Passed the NCLEX no problem, got a job right away. KCC only takes the cream of the crop!! But their clinical instructors (not all) are fierce!!!!
- Sep 2, '11 by AriiI guess we all got in..I heard they ran out of alternates or something, thats why our class only has 37.
- Nov 6, '11 by cha12mQuote from SNSWTRYour NLN composite is really good!!! How did you study for the science portion? I am having a hard time with that part. I've taken the NLN twice and received 60%s!!Received a packet on April 1, 2011. I am on the waiting list. Currently taking ZOOL 142 + L & PHRM 203 (last of my co-reqs).
Pre/Co-req GPA: 3.8
Cum GPA: 3.3
Congrats nurse_oneday and to all those accepted!
- Nov 6, '11 by SNSWTRI read the NLN study guide. It covered the test material well. I think one of the tricks is to not underanticipate the physics and circuitry stuff. I don't know if it was my version of the test, but that's what traumatized me the most. So I guess the physics formulas would be one good thing to memorize, along with understanding circuitry. I'd just go over everything (anatomy, micro, physics) and do the practice questions to identify your areas of weakness. Honestly, I don't know what to say because the exam encompassed so much. The study guide summarizes it nicely, though.
- Nov 12, '11 by AriiSNSWTR, do you mind if I ask if you're in the KCC or LCC cohort?
- Nov 13, '11 by SNSWTRHi Arii, not in either. Going to UHM. Either school is a great choice, but I think KCC is stronger on the skills.
- Nov 13, '11 by AriiOops, sorry. For some reason I thought you were at KCC.