NCP Program - MEPS -What to expect?Register Today!
- by DelaneyBoyce Feb 25, '11Hello all!
I just found out that I was selected at the boards today and have been professionally recommended for the NCP program! Since there were some issues with my medical records I had to sort out, I haven't been to MEPS yet, although my packet was already submitted and approved. I am going on the 14th of March. Can anyone give me some tips or tell me what to expect? I'm kind of nervous!
- Feb 25, '11 by littleluvbugnavyHi there! Just got selected this week myself! Congrats! MEPS was pretty low key. Just follow directions and pay attention to every little detail. It was all hyped up to be this big deal, and the actual event was very easy. Where are you going for MEPS? I went to Denver MEPS. What year do you graduate?
- Feb 25, '11 by DelaneyBoyceI live in Jacksonville, FL where there is a huge naval base so I'm going to MEPS here. I go on the 14th!
I graduate summer of 2012, I'm in my second semester right now.
I'm just wondering, since I had to supply pap smear, etc are they still doing a vaginal exam? Like, what all do they do there? I'm the type of person that likes to know what I'm walking into haha. Also, what do you mean by pay attention to every little detail?
Congrats to you as well! Maybe we'll be in the same ODS?
- Feb 25, '11 by littleluvbugnavyThey won't do another vaginal exam, just a breast exam. They literally do just a "peep" to make sure you're a girl down there! When I say pay attention to every detail, I mean to just listen to instructions. They will give you details on where to store stuff, what you need to store, what you need to have on you, etc. Just keep your head up and listen, that's the best advice I can give. I graduate May 2012 myself, so it's very possible we could be in the same class!
- Feb 25, '11 by DelaneyBoyceI actually graduate in the summer, we are a five semester program with two spring, two fall and one summer. I started in the fall so I'll graduate at the end of my summer semester in June/July 2012. It's still very likely that we'd be in the same class though!