Navy Pro-Selected. What does that mean?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Navy Pro-Selected. What does that mean? in Government / Military Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I have 6 months of critical care experience and I was pro-selected for the last board in June. I...by Purple_Demon_RN Jul 7, '11I have 6 months of critical care experience and I was pro-selected for the last board in June. I could be taken at any time but the program director said that they'll have a better idea in August of if and when I might get to go to ODS. What does this mean?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=588127©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,562 Views
- Jul 26, '11 by bleemmeI think you mean Professionally recommended, right?
- Jul 26, '11 by 1spunkyI believe you have been professionally recommended, now you have to wait for final selection. You were probably ranked by the board. There will be a certain number of positions available (not sure how many), and the final selection from the pool of candidates that were pro rec'd. They will thsoe positions according to rank and the alternates. As an alternate you can be selected if someone ahead of you turns it down.
- Jul 27, '11 by Purple_Demon_RNWell now i've been final selected! Just waiting on the detailer to call me next week
- Jul 28, '11 by The TikiQuote from Purple_Demon_RNWhen did you submit your package? Did you submit for NCP or direct accession or something else? Thank you. CONGRATS!Well now i've been final selected! Just waiting on the detailer to call me next week
- Jul 28, '11 by Purple_Demon_RNWell it's been a long road really.
I never wanted to do the Nurse Candidate Program because I knew that would be a one-way ticket straight to med-surg and I knew I would have to be doing Critical Care.
I first submitted my package in December 2010 and was a non-select, probably because I didn't have a license, BLS, ACLS, or PALS. This past June I submitted for direct accession again and found out in July that I was an alternate. Two weeks later I'm a final select. I'll update this post with developments like negotiations and my ODS experience.
- Jul 28, '11 by The TikiThanks for the info.
- Jul 29, '11 by MURunner86Purple demon,
You and I are in the same boat. I too was selected in the June board and didn't hear anything for most of July. Then this Wednesday they call and tell me I've been final selected and now I'm just waiting to commission and hear from the detailer.
Please keep us updated, I'd like to know some buddies at ODS!
- Jul 30, '11 by Purple_Demon_RNAre you in critical care?
- Jul 30, '11 by MURunner86Yep, I currently work in a surgical/trauma ICU and have my TNCC and CCRN certifications.