January COTRegister Today!
This is a discussion on January COT in Government / Military Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... So I just got my COT date - January 10! This is a little sooner than expected, but I'm glad to be...by aura_of_laura Dec 2, '10So I just got my COT date - January 10! This is a little sooner than expected, but I'm glad to be getting on the ball with things. Any other nurses heading to Maxwell in January?
In other news, my first assignment is to Travis AFB as a mental health nurse. My top picks were all in overseas, so I'm more than a little disappointed. But hey, this is the career I'm choosing, and I'm not going to let this little bump hold me back. And better Cali than Minot, ND, right?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=519320©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,865 Views
- Dec 2, '10 by aniko743I will be in the January class also. I am a new grad nurse and I will be at Eglin after my NTP.
- Dec 2, '10 by Ms, TianahI will be at COT in January also. I am a new grad nurse going to Cincinnati for NTP, then headed to Langley AFB.
- Aniko I'm jealous of your spot at Eglin!! That was my first choice-- I got Keesler in Biloxi, it could be worse, but I was really hoping for the nice beaches What unit will you be on?
I'm a new grad also, haven't started working as a nurse and CANNOT wait for NTP in Arizona. I'm so scared/nervous/excited about COT and NTP and starting my life in the AF!
Aura- no worries! I've been working as a nurse tech with a license for 8 months and it's miserable!! I missed the October date and I'm so glad January is coming soon (EEEK!).
Ok for real, somebody friend me on FB.
- Dec 3, '10 by tifbur14which katy batten are you??? There is more than one!
- No way! For real?!
I just checked-- I had no idea!
Ok, I'm the Katy Batten that's from University of West Ga and GCSU.
- Alright people-- We have a FB group (thanks to Tifbur)! Search for COT 11-02.
- Dec 3, '10 by aniko743I did send you a friend request but I guess it was the other person...lol I looked again but I still don't know which name to send the friend request. You can send me one to Aniko Molnar.
- Dec 3, '10 by aniko743I found our group on FB. Thank you for creating a group for us. I have a question about NTP. I will be going to Cincinnati for NTP and I have no clue what to bring or how does the whole thing works. Are we getting more info about NTP at COT or the recruiter supposed to tell us some details? I talked to him and he doesn't have any information about it. Just wondering if anybody knows more details about NTP.
- Dec 3, '10 by aura_of_lauraQuote from bsnkatyKeesler's not too bad, or at least it wasn't 19 years ago (my dad was stationed there when I was a kid) - you're right next to the beach! I wonder how much it's been affected by all of the goings-on in the Gulf the last few years...Aniko I'm jealous of your spot at Eglin!! That was my first choice-- I got Keesler in Biloxi, it could be worse, but I was really hoping for the nice beaches What unit will you be on?