I will be graduating in May 2007 with a BSN and am very interested in joining the Air Force as an IMA reservist. I was wondering if any of you (from any branch of the military) could share some personal experience or thoughts on the IMA program. I also have a few questions:
1. Is the rank progression similar to the active duty Air Force members?
2. Do IMAs have 48 drill periods a year? I've heard that some have fewer?
3. I've heard that IMAs have more flexibility than reservists attached to a unit. Is this true?
4. What is the initial service commitment for joining as an IMA reservist?
5. Is it likely the Air Force will commission a new grad, or is there a mandatory minimum experience requirement?
Thanks in advance for all of your answers!