AECP Army FY 13 Candidate - Page 10Register Today!
- Dec 15, '12 by ncox1I believe so cause they are a sister school. To be certain go to the web site. It would seem with any TX school part of the pre reqs is a Texas Government class. I was stationed in Virginia at the time and had to take it online through HCC. If you are not a TX resident it's something to consider San Antonio would be nice cause you have Ft Sam right there. Mid program you have to get a commissioning physical again, I had to drive to San Antonio twice to complete it which was 6 hours round trip each time. That's why in the new regs you need to have a Army MTF within 50 miles. They still do some exceptions such as they did with mine. I called them and asked before I put in my packet and they said it was fine to be in Houston. If you do go that route Jermanee then be ready for an intense program.
- Dec 16, '12 by dccubanoJust finished my first semester, and it is no joke. Tell all your loved ones that you will see them when the semester is over. The material isn't difficult, it is the quantity of material they try to stuff in your head, and the rate that they do it. I also suggest you get an NCLEX book to practice with. My fundamentals class was all nclex style questions. You may know the material but you need to be able recognize the best answer in a sea of correct answers. You can also expect to see information from your patho/pharm class pop up in your assessment of fundies class. The professors know about everything you are learning in other classes and it is all fair game. With that said, I wouldn't trade in the stress for anything in the world. Know your strengths and weakness and get help from your peers when you are struggling, and be there for them if they need your help. You are going to make great friends and you are going to learn so much.
- Dec 16, '12 by ncox1I agree with dccubano, there is a great deal of stress with any BSN program. I have a wife and 4 kids and joke that during school my wife is a single parent... There is some truth to that humor aside. I just finished my 3rd term and will complete my last in MAY. You begin to adjust to the stress as your program progresses so instead of throwing your laptop across the room (1st term) you just daydream of it (3rd term). Make friends right away, square away study groups, and remember that these programs are not competitive but collaborative (help your battle buddy out). Savor your breaks and reconnect to the world then but remember that nursing school is not the time to keep your social life up. Just things I've picked up along the way.
- Dec 26, '12 by JermaneeDo all of the UF 195's have to be recent? I am about to PCS, but I want to also get a UF 195 from my current brigade nurse. I don't plan on applying until FY 15 or 16. Also I am currently trying to complete my pre reqs and have my top 3 choices of schools. They are University of Texas Health Science Center @ San Antonio, University of Maryland, and Austin Peay. Does anybody else have any other recommendations for other schools?
- Jan 1 by shmegan20This site will not let me post the link to the page. I would just search AECP on Facebook and see if you can find it... there are only 5 members so far
- Jan 1 by shmegan20The UF 195s should be within the last year. I would keep in touch with your brigade nurse, but you will need those letters completed closer to you packet deadline.
- Jan 2 by ncox1Quote from shmegan20Two groups on FaceBook come up on that search, some group from University of Arizona and some foreign soccer group. You can email the link to me at email@example.comThis site will not let me post the link to the page. I would just search AECP on Facebook and see if you can find it... there are only 5 members so far
- May 7 by jkcp88I am working on my packet right now and have to do an academic memo because it is like 16 months before the start of my semester and I can not find an example of one anywhere. Does anyone have one??
- May 8 by ncox1I had to do an acedemic memo as well and did get accepted with it. I remember it was in the example packet but that was two years ago so I'm not sure what they have done to the AECP packet (they change it every year). If it's not in the example packet at the end of the AECP book then email the POC in the book and they will give you exactly what I needed. It's good to touch base anyways with them cause you get more info then what's in the packet. I was short on my cumulative SAT score as well as my school was over the 50 mile distance from a MTF and I assumed that it was a no-go. I called and talked to the NCOIC and he said to send it any ways. Got accepted, go figure... Oh ya, on top of that I had to put in a age waiver and my security clearance was pending so I thought for sure that they would not select me. I just finished nursing school and walk the stage in 2 days.
- May 8 by jkcp88Any chance you have an example of your memo cause I hit up the SFC in charge but she just told me to read the guidlines but there is no example of this memo for the company commander to sign.