Trying for Gwinnett Tech Fall 2013 - page 7
So I am trying to get into gwinnett techs fall of 2013 class and i just wanted to start a forum for us to support each other and for info. I still have a couple pre reqs to take but im hoping to do well! Good luck everyone... Read More
- 0Feb 3, '13 by RN_Diva_2BHi, everyone! I am currently studying for the Kaplan (better safe than sorry). I am applying for Fall 2013 with a 3.9 GPA. I took the TEAS V for other schools that I am applying to and scored an 84 overall. I think that is pretty darn good considering the national average. Plus that put me in the 99th percentile. So hopefully brushing up on science will help me be prepared for the Kaplan. Wishing everyone the best! And I agree....the wait is killer...
- 0Feb 6, '13 by Blue Felt FedoraFYI: I saw Saadia Jackson and GTC this afternoon. Emails have not gone out yet. HOWEVER, physical letters were sent via USPS, probably on Monday. So keep an eye on your mailbox!
These are the letters that will invite you to the mandatory meeting, which will be taking place on February 27. There will actually be two meetings on that date, one at 3pm and the other at 6pm. It doesn't matter which one you attend, as they will both have the same info, but you MUST attend one of them.
She didn't know for certain when sign-ups for the Kaplan would be. They're trying to set it up so we sign up at our meetings, but we may end up having to come back a couple days later for signups.
- 1Feb 7, '13 by Blue Felt FedoraMy letter arrived today! Check your mailboxes.
I'm using the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam guide to brush up on my reading, writing, and math, although I hear the book has more than what's on the test. For the science, I'm told it's best to review your physiology from A&P II, so that's what I'm doing for that. It's too bad Kaplan doesn't publish a study guide for their own test.
- 1I just got my letter today too! I am going to try for the later meeting because I just got hired as a PCT for Gwinnett Medical-Duluth and will be in orientation that week. I hope all goes well on both ends. They know that I want to be a nurse for Gwinnett Medical and have agreed to work with me but my first week of orientation can be trivial. I will call tomorrow to make arrangements. Prayerfully they will be understanding as I cannot miss the mandatory meeting!!!!!
- 2Feb 7, '13 by seventyseven77Hey everybody! I just want to say good luck to all the class of 2015 hopefuls. I remember being exactly where you guys are a year ago! From here on, time will just fly so get ready for that... After you guys take the Kaplan exam in March, you'll get official acceptance letters in April. Let me tell you those few weeks feel like eternity! It was an agony of a wait, but it was all worth it!
Enjoy the time you have left before all the crazy stress starts!