Recent ADN Grads in GeorgiaRegister Today!
- by prettymica Dec 20, '12Hey just curious to know how was your job search? Did you get accepted to a hospital with promises to get a BSN later. Or did you just persue an job in elsewhere outside of the hospital.
- 2,235 Views
- Dec 25, '12 by LetsGoMets31I got a position at a hospital with the condition that I get my BSN later. I had also been working at this faculty during school. Some of my classmates were able to get hospital positions with no conditions. It depends on the hospital system.
- Dec 26, '12 by prettymicaThank you for your reply LetsGoMets31
- Jan 9 by bellamia1015Quote from LetsGoMets31Which hospital had the BSN contingency?I got a position at a hospital with the condition that I get my BSN later. I had also been working at this faculty during school. Some of my classmates were able to get hospital positions with no conditions. It depends on the hospital system.
- Jan 9 by bellamia1015Quote from prettymicaOh ok.. So there are some that have the contingency and some that don't? What is the contingency exactly? Is it like you sign a contract or something that says if you are not enrolled in a BSN program by XYZ time that you will be fired? And I was curious to know are the hospitals doing tuition reimbursement since they are requiring it to stay employed? Thanks againWellstar health system, Emory/Crawford long, Most in the metro area
- Jan 10 by prettymicaI'm not sure how it works. But mos jut try to hired BSN off the bat to not worry about this issue.
- Jan 10 by LetsGoMets31True. The contingency was only offered to the few ADNs that were hired - which means only people who were already working there as techs.