Georgia State University Pre-Nursing StudentsRegister Today!
- by hcs4291 Apr 20, '12Is anybody at GSU a pre-nursing major?
Trying to get a group together so we can help and support each other throughout this horribly stressful process!
I'm a junior at GSU, I am applying for the ACE Program starting in Spring 2013. I'm a double-major in Psychology.
Looking to maybe form a study group for the TEAS? I've also finished all of the prerequisites and would be happy to help those in need
- Apr 20, '12 by troop949Hey hcs! I'd be willing to do a study group. I may be re-applying for Spring 2013 (depending on how my wait list status goes), but I'd love some help with my remaining pre-reqs. I'd also love to help others out with courses they may be struggling with.
I am taking A&P 2, Abnormal Psych, and Communication & Cultural Diversity over the summer. Finishing up A&P 1, Intro Psych, and Human Development right now.
- May 9, '12 by ssferransHi! I am planning on applying for the ACE program for Spring 2013...currently at Gwinnett Tech for prerequisites and hoping to transfer to GSU for the fall to finish up prerequisites. I took the TEAS last month...not nearly as hard as I thought. Use the study guide and practice tests and you should have no problem.
- May 21, '12 by astricklandHi hcs4291,
Have you taken the TEAS test yet? How was it?...I am applying for Spring 2013 admission to but I think I am going with the Traditional track.Last edit by astrickland on May 21, '12 : Reason: incorrect grammar
- May 21, '12 by troop949Quote from astricklandI know this was directed at hcs4291, but I took the TEAS this past February. It wasn't bad at all! I think if you've taken algebra, biology/anatomy, and chemistry, you should do well on the test. Keep in mind that there is a sizable science portion, so definitely brush up on the sciences I mentioned above. I used the ATI TEAS test prep manual, and it helped a lot. I especially liked the way the manual broke down practice problems for the math and English portions of the test (I took algebra & English >10 years ago, so I was rusty!). Do the practice problems and practice exams in the test prep manual and you'll be fine.Hi hcs4291,
Have you taken the TEAS test yet? How was it?...I am applying for Spring 2013 admission to but I think I am going with the Traditional track.
FYI - a score in the 90+ range on the TEAS would make you a more competitive applicant. I applied for Fall 2012 and I'm on the waiting list, but most people who were accepted had TEAS scores in that range. I got a 90.7, so I don't plan on re-taking it, but with good preparation you should do well on the test.
- Jun 13, '12 by oklahomovnaI'm a transfer student and trying to get accepted into ACE for Spring 2013. I'm taking Microbiology, Chemistry II and English 1102 this Summer. Just got accepted to GSU and now trying to get the best grades for these summer classes as well as get fully prepared to apply for nursing program. I've registered for INCEPT and going to attend it on 6/28.
Now I've learned that I have to study even harder and take TEAS V at least by the end of August so the results will be back and I can submit them before the dead line (October 1st).
I'm so glad I've found this app! I am looking forward to meet my new classmates during he INCEPT! I love nursing and competition!!!! The harder it is to get in - the more desirable it gets!!!
- Jun 23, '12 by oklahomovnaQuote from ssferrans😊 hey, I know you took TEAS already. Can you bring the study guide to INCEPT please? I'm taking test at Mercer on 9/15. Soooooo nurvius!Hi okahomovna,
I will be at the 6/28 transfer INCEPT too...hope to meet you
- Jul 20, '12 by blincolnHi! I am also applying for the ACE program starting in spring 2013! I just want to let you guys know that the registration for the test is open for GSU in the ATI website. I just registered for August 18th! Go ahead and register! Good luck everyone