Georgia State University Pre-Nursing Students - Page 9Register Today!
- Oct 30, '12 by nikkitasI volunteered at hospital for about 6 months. And at a daycare and after school program that tutored middle and high school kids for about a semester.
- Oct 30, '12 by JB13I have been volunteering with Hospice for about a year now. It is a great organization and they can always use volunteers.
- Oct 30, '12 by svictor1I volunteered at a hospital for 4 years, the Big Brothers Big Sisters program for 3 years (still current), Atlanta Center for the Visually Impaired for a year, and i shadowed my physician for 100 hours. I've volunteered at quite a few other places too but these are the ones I was able to hand in in time.
- Oct 30, '12 by ssferransStill nothing! I also volunteer at a hospice, but only since August so not sure if there is a minimum number of hours to count. Maybe they are mailing letters all at once this year...who knows!
- Oct 30, '12 by amf7Thanks for all the ideas! I'm not applying for at least another 8 months so I'm going to try to start volunteering every weekend when I'm not at work!
- Oct 30, '12 by hcs4291You guys! I did it! I got accepted! My letter came today!!!For those of you who want to compare....I applied for ACE. 3.86 Program GPA A's in APs, Bio 1, and Micro Lab, A+'s in Bio 2, Micro, and Psych 101.Teas 92, 95% in science. Sent in 7 volunteer forms 1 letter of rec from a GSU prof, 1 letter of rec from an RN. I live RIGHT by the school, so for those of you further out who compare or have higher stats than me, expect something soon!!I can't wait for all of you to get your letters! We need to all meet up somewhere
- Oct 30, '12 by JB13Congratulations!!!!!
- Oct 31, '12 by ssferransYay!!! So happy for you
- Oct 31, '12 by mimsksHI all!
I received my letter yesterday for the ACE program! SO relieved since this was my second time applying. The letter was typed on Oct 25, so not sure why it took so long b/c I live closeby. My TEAS score was 90 and program GPA 3.84 (been retaking courses that I took SEVEN years ago at UGA in which I received a B in to increase that Program GPA...). I have had to retake PSYC1101 (and I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, ridiculous, but I guess it paid off!)
Best of luck to everyone, and I hope to meet you in January!!
- Oct 31, '12 by svictor1Congrats hcs & mims!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! This is a time to celebrate. I would go out for drinks if I were you. lol