Darton College Summer 2011 - page 30
by smart99guy 30,456 Views | 300 Comments
Hello everyone. I just applied for admissions for the summer 2011 program a couple weeks ago. Has anyone esle applied as well? If so what is your GPA and HESI score if you don't mind me asking. My gpa is a 3.0, or higher because... Read More
- 0Nov 17, '11 by kirstierobinsonI'm in my first semester of the program and yes, the main thing they really look at is the A&P score BUT its just your score rank amongst the other classmates. So if the highest person scored 80, they get in. Its not based off of 100%. Its based on your class you took it with. My class average with 78 in A&P and mine was 84 so I was pretty much guaranteed the spot. And the HESI book doesn't really help much but they do give you example on how the questions will be asked. I studied straight from my A&P book that I got for the classes. I never even took A&P 2 before taking the HESI and I still scored 84. Most of the stuff was from A&PII also. Study your hormones, especially! There were a lot of those on my test! Everything else was super easy!
And 80% on A&P and didn't get in? WOW your class must of scored super high on that. We have people scored 72 and made it in this semester!
- 0Nov 30, '11 by HADD7Kirstie, I was just wondering... I know for the 1st semester we have to take pharm. (which sucks because I have already taken that at another school..it was required to even apply to their program & Darton won't accept it!) and Nursing Fundamentals w/a lab, but are the clinicals in addition to these classes & the lab? or is the lab the clinical? I'm just trying to figure out how often I will need to drive for the first semester...
- 0Nov 30, '11 by kirstierobinsonThe clinicals are NOT going to be a part of the lab. You will have 2 clinical days out of the fundamentals semester since its just a starting out course. The clinicals are about 9 hours. BUT you have to clock in 21 lab hours on your own time of the stuff you learn in your "lab class." You can only do an hour a day and the lab is open from 3-10pm at night on weekdays only.
- 0Dec 1, '11 by kirstierobinsonno problem! And yes! Two 9 hour days at an assisted living place. Apparently everyone was too overwhelmed at Phoebe Hospital. So they started making the first semester students go to assisted living-which, in my opinion, is overwhelming! I'd rather be at the hospital and be able to see many different things!
- 0Feb 28, '12 by limitless-visionsHi Memern2b I was hoping to hear if you gotten your application in for Summer 2012 at Darton in Swainsboro. I have applied now I'm waiting on to take the Hesi. I'm actually taking the test with Middle Georgia a week before I take it with Darton. So I hope this helps with me taking it Twice the only difference is that I won't take the Anatomy portion at middle ga so I have to take it with darton. I have been studying lots of hours everyday. I'm little concerned about the a&p portion I have heard some say they just studied the book and some say they got a&p from other sources. So My mind is back and fourth. Anyway I know your post is from last year but I hope to hear from you and your experience. I can't find many appling for Swainsboro campus.