Chattahoochee Technical College Spring 2013 - page 12
by CallieNM 30,156 Views | 293 Comments
I was just wanting to see how my fellow students are doing with applying and having to wait till October to find out if we got accepted into the program starting Spring 2013. How did everyone do on their TEAS? Any questions... Read More
- 0Quote from CallieNMYes, it makes a lot of sense...Thank you, I was just confused because of what the school post on their site and then I realized every school has different requirements.Yes at the info session they told us we had to have minimum the posted National Program Average, which is printed on you TEAS V after you take the test. Which currently is at 54%. Now- the advisors want you to make in the 80's or above because that is what is considered "competitive"... meaning that if there is 27 students eligible for a seat and there is only 24 seats they will choose the 24 students with the highest TEAS score instead of GPA... does that make sense. TEAS score is kind of the tie breaker.
Don't quote me on that. You may want to ask a health care advisor exactly how to explain it. But yes they go over it at an info session!!
- 1Here is another link from one of our fellow allnurses.com nursing students, This one you may have to copy and paste. He/She created flashcards for pharmacology that will help us learn our meds, side and adverse effects, etc..... save these to your computers as well....I will link you all crazy, LOL! Just want to give you all some study tools that you can look over before January, I will keep them coming....
- 1Quote from CallieNMYes, I make sure my friend, who is a RN, looks over everything before I send you all this info. I want to make sure this material I am forwarding is useful. Tomorrow I will post some books and things that you can put in your shopping carts on Amazon that my other friend said she is using in her Pharm class now. She said that class is very hard, but with the right material you will do fine! She made a B.Awesome! Thanks for the link! I am going to keep it and try to understand what it means. lol.
- 0Aug 19, '12 by lnicole35Quote from LPN-soon2beOh yeah! Medicine is my kind of thing. Hoping some of my work experience pays off there. Keep them rolling!!!Here is another link from one of our fellow allnurses.com nursing students, This one you may have to copy and paste. He/She created flashcards for pharmacology that will help us learn our meds, side and adverse effects, etc..... save these to your computers as well....I will link you all crazy, LOL! Just want to give you all some study tools that you can look over before January, I will keep them coming....-Ericahttp://allnurses.com/nursing-student...ds-595483.html
- 1Aug 19, '12 by lnicole35I'm a CPht (certified pharmacy tech). It's a fun, fast paced job and interesting to say the least. I have really enjoyed learning medicines, their purpose, and generics, equivalents, etc. There are SO MANY even I have so much still to learn.I printed out the syllabus, chapter 1 notes she has already outlined for us along with the first homework assignment and corresponding paperwork. Lol Although I looked through chapter 1 I still haven't read anything out of the book yet. Had an eventful day so tomorrow it is. If Callie hadn't of told me I wouldn't have even known class was up and running in ANGEL. Have you checked it out yet? Lots of info.
- 1Oh no.... I did not not that....Thanks for telling me, I will look it up now. I always was interested in medicine. Medical professionals run through my family. My grandmother was a nurse, my older cousin is a Pharmacist and my step mom is a Medical Doctor and I have plenty of nurse friends. My brother is a Pharmacy Tech and he loves it, he is school to become a Pharmacist (figers crossed that he sticks with it!).
- 0Aug 19, '12 by dje5418Hi Ladies,
Glad to see a few of you on here. Just finished Nutrition and Med Term this summer...both were very easy. Applied for Spring 2013 LPN also. I took Cawley for AP2 in Canton last Spring it was an easy A.
Made 79.3 on the teas and have been nervous about my application... Nov. 1 seems so far away!
Has anyone applied to any other school except CTC and has anyone been turned down for the RN program at CTC? What was the lowest accepted score for the RN program if anyone knows. I was thinking about retaking my teas and shooting for the RN rather than doing a bridge later. Any thoughts??