Please Help Me Remove Some Roadblocks - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 18, '12 by cyberia81Thank you, that makes me feel better. Not that I'll get to experience those lovely smells, but that you can get used to it.
- Apr 19, '12 by FORTHELOVEOF!!!!You can get used to most bodily smells after time, and you can pick an area of nursing that doesn't involve trauma (like gunshot wounds). There are ways around some of the gross stuff, but not usually in clinical. You may see stuff you don't like but everytime it happened to me, I all of a sudden had to pee, lol. I can handle a lot but my fear was seeing a stillbirth or a infant die, so when I was faced with this I asked my instructor to excuse me and that I didn't feel well and she was fine with it. I did have to disect a fetal pig in A & P tho, but if you are a good student you could probably pass just fine even skipping that day of class. Not sure about Florida but in Missouri we have a pretty good market for ADN's but most of our hospitals have adopted the "BSN in 10" clause, just have to have your BSN within 10 years, no biggie.
Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for!
- Apr 19, '12 by cyberia81Thank you for sharing your experience fortheloveof. Love the avatar by the way!
I'm so glad I found this forum and started posting. I sometimes regret that I never considered nursing when I was younger because I just assumed I couldn't handle it. My high school was a magnet school and offered a health academy but I steered clear because of my lack of confidence. My heart is in the right place and I have a deep seated interest in helping people maintain and improve their health, but I didn't think I could possibly deal with it because I can be so squeamish.
I've decided to stop focusing on the "what ifs" and just get on with it. I have a tendency to get myself worked up as I research things and start to project too far into the future. I'm sure the best thing for me to do is to find the most suitable program, apply, and then start freaking out about dissection. If there's a will there's a way, right? lol
Thank you for the shot of confidence! I hope to be back soon to share a success story and I will have everyone here to thank for that.
- Jul 6, '12 by Terra_FirmaI got my LPN from J.F. Drake State Technical college. They just got SACS approved so within the year they will be adding an RN program. It's in North Huntsville
- Jul 6, '12 by cyberia81Thank you! I will definitely look into that. How did you like the program? Did you have any trouble finding a job?