I've decided to go to the more expensive, Catholic college instead of the community tech. I sent in my paperwork and deposit today.
It is such a relief to finally have decided. The cost was really the only issue that concerned me, but other than that it offered everything I wanted. I would have had to go in the evening with the other program, which is NOT what I wanted, plus it was Thursday and Friday evenings, and possible some Saturdays. NOT what I was looking for.
Plus I can retain full-time status by taking courses to work toward a BSN, and with the full-time status I can use the $20K scholarship
they gave me, another big plus.
So, with all of that, I ordered my stethoscop (Littman Classic II S.E.) and safety goggles. Also ordered some Nursemates shoes - though they say no sneakers allowed in this program, the shoes I ordered at Nursemates (which are allowed) that look like sneakers, so I'm not sure if they'll allow them or not. I'm looking on eBay for a nursing watch. I also have to order my uniforms through a certain supplier, because they have to be embroidered with the school name. They said to order 2 sets, but I think I'm going to do 4 sets. I hate doing laundry, and even as a stay-at-home-mom now with 4 kids and DH, I only do it 2x a week. I can only imagine I'll be doing it less often with a 2+ hour commute each day!
So, that's it! I'm going to write a letter to the other program, thanking them for the offer but letting them know I won't be attending. I know there are probaby 100 other applicants they can offer it to right away, and it wouldn't be fair to let that person wait any longer. I remember being in that awful position.