Contacting Employers after ApplicationsRegister Today!
- by Soupysoup Feb 22I'm in the process of applying for casual HCA jobs while finishing my second year of BN school in Canada. I've applied to 7 positions in the past two weeks and have not heard anything back from any employers. Two of these positions were ones I was internally recommended for (knew someone that knew someone).
Do you think I should contact the employers and ask them how my application is going, or why I have not been chosen for the position? I don't know how to ask in the best way or if this would be appropriate.
Thanks for the help!Last edit by Soupysoup on Feb 22
- 681 Views
- Feb 22 by travelgurl18It can't hurt to ask! If they say they are still making a decision makes sure to restate your qualifications, experience, eagerness etc. let them know you are sincere and really will be a good employee.
If they decided not to hire you, it's okay to ask why but be smooth about it and polite and humble. Send thank you letters in any/all circumstances.
- Feb 22 by rifetamenkovic11Quote from travelgurl18Hy I just Finnish my cna classes and would like to apply in a hospital what would be a good way to start and like resume and all what would be a good way to go for hospital jobs plz let me kno ThxP.s. for my CNA job, it took then over a month to hear back from them. And i got the job! It's a very large hospital though so maybe the size of the company is a factor.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Feb 23 by travelgurl18The best way is to network and try and ask people you know working at hospitals if they know of any openings. If after applying/interviewing and you still have no luck then volunteer. If they like you as a volunteer they will for sure hire you.
- Feb 24 by SoupysoupThanks for the reply. I really do want to contact them and see where I'm at in the line up! I'll report back when I find out.