Nursing Communities - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 30, '12 by BonnieScA few years ago I got my first job from a lead a stranger gave me on allnurses, after a long period of unemployment. I never would have heard about the job otherwise. Major benefit! It seemed like I was pretty much the first new grad to post on here about not being able to find a job (many people here thought that was ridiculous at the time). A couple of years later (and now) I think everyone here is aware of how difficult it is to get a job in most areas of the country, so people in nursing school are more aware of the need to network and prepare for a possible period of unemployment.
Now that I have several years of experience, I sometimes search allnurses or start a new topic if I want to make a policy/practice change in my hospital. Being able to pull opinions from all over the country helps me to make my case to management and/or co-workers.
- Nov 30, '12 by Esme12You learn that you are not alone.....
- Nov 30, '12 by cienurseI use it to share common problems, to see what others' have come up with for solutions, and to also share my own knowledge and expertise of 36 years of nursing which could help someone else. It's a way to stay connected and to know that we are not alone!
- Nov 30, '12 by allabtuWhat a question!
I personally find helpful information regarding study tips toward nclex pn/rn, different learning styles that fit individuals, sincere nurses that have been through a nursing program which had poor results on nclex pass rates, frustrations on first years job training, client ordeals with different nursing interventions other than taught, and the biggest one for me is knowing I'm not the only one who gets hit with fecal matter every now and then.
Its too is hard not to ignore the false claims as being nurse on here either. Their polls are subjective as they can be.
- Nov 30, '12 by RN19Thank you all for sharing! You have been a great help