New Year's Goal Planning Tips
Wow... 2016 was fantastic for so many reasons! It really flew by, but in a good way. In this video I would like to share with you a few tips that will help you have a very productive and meaningful 2017.
Wow… 2016 was fantastic for so many reasons! It really flew by, but in a good way.
In this video, I would like to take the opportunity to give you some New Year’s goal planning tips.
I have people come up to me all the time amazed at how much I accomplish, however, if they knew how much planning I did… it really would not seem so amazing, trust me. Goal planning can be hard, time consuming and sometimes a little depressing because you have to seriously be honest about where you currently are. However, the fruit of that labor, with consistent work and action towards the goals is priceless.
So let me tell you a few tips that will help you make sure you consciously do all you can to have a very productive and meaningful 2017.
Here is my 5 step process:
1. Gratitude - Write a list of things that happened in the previous year that you are grateful for. It could look something like this:
- I’m grateful for my health
- My husband’s health and love
- My family and my husbands family’s health and wonderful presence
- I’m grateful for my friends and laughter
- I’m grateful for the internet - especially of course YouTube, which helps me connect and help others
- I’m grateful for the beautiful condo that I get to live and the cool car that I am blessed to drive
- I’m grateful for my job and work environment
- I’m grateful for yoga - that helps me stay focused and flexible
- I’m grateful for the challenges of 2016 that help shape me into the person I’m destined to become
2. Clean - When it comes to goal planning, it is best to have a clear and focused mind. Having a clean desk, room and environment I believe are key. Take the time to do some really in-depth cleaning. Clean out drawers and closets that you have been avoiding, organize your closet and clean until you can take a deep breath and say to yourself: “It is done.”
3. Plan Your Life - Not just a year:
- In your clean environment - now sit down and write down your:
- 1 Week goals
- 1 Month goals
- 3 Month goals
- 6 Month goals
- 1 Year goals
- 5 Year goals
- 10 Year goals
If you have done this before, compare this to your previous years and see what feels right and make changes accordingly.
4. Organize your goals:
- I like to organize my goals into categories. Here are a few of mine to give you an example. It is good though to name them something that is meaningful for you.
- Personal Goals - Where I would like to see myself in the allotted amount of time or what I would like to accomplish
- Relationship Goals - What would I like to experience with my spouse or accomplish together with my husband.
- Family Goals - In what ways can I enjoy the time with my family or help my family.
- Friend Goals - How much more can I enjoy the time with my friends. How can I make new and exciting new friends
- Fun Goals - What would I like to do that is just pure fun
- Money Goals - How can I increase my income, while creating a more balanced and driven life
- Body Goals - How can I nurture and take care of the vessel I was gifted with
- Intellectual Goals - What can I learn and how can I stretch myself
- Generosity Goals - How can I improve the lives of others in a meaningful way
5. Now - put this somewhere where you will see it everyday. I have this on my bathroom mirror and I look at it every morning when I get ready for the day.
Here are some places where you can create your own journal or planner, but honestly even a quick google search will help you find many more:
Bound Custom Journals
Zazzle Custom Notebooks and Journals
Make My Notebook
I hope you liked this video! If you did, please give it a thumbs up and also don’t forget to post your New Year’s Goal Planning tip too!
Cannot wait to read your comments.
www.EmpoweRN.comLast edit by Joe V on Oct 20, '17
About empowern-, BSN
Joined: Jul '16; Posts: 21; Likes: 35
Registered Nurse - Youtube Nurse; from US
Specialty: 8 year(s) of experience in Step Down, PCU, Telemetry, Med-Surg