I hate night shift - Page 4Register Today!
- May 22, '12 by Bortaz, RNQuote from Always_LearningWhat? The Philosoraptor doesn't have any advice? Inconceivable.No advice, just.....I feel ya.
On topic: I'm starting to dislike night shift, too. My wife is M-F 9-5, so my typical night shift nursing schedule is hell on our time together. I hate getting up early, though, and don't know if I can deal with a lot of the staff on days...but I'm almost to the point where I'm going to have to try.
- May 22, '12 by carrie_cI feel the same way. I don't like going to bed early or getting up early, but I would much more prefer it over this.
- May 22, '12 by NicuGalI think shift work is why I have been married for over 20 years lol
- May 23, '12 by carrie_cI'm going to go ahead and get my name on the list for day shift. I know it's a long shot, but I guess I never know until I try.
- Jun 6, '12 by registered_nerdCWI couldn't see myself doing any shift other than nights. I enjoy the night atmosphere better than the day one. I am able to see my family more with me working the night shift. Not to mention the differential is worth doing nights all in itself! Sleep can be challenging, but it's a work in progress.
- Jun 11, '12 by Reese0608I am a new grad starting on nights here soon! I have gained lots of tips from all the comments! I like the idea of sleeping 2am-10am or 3-11am on your days off!
- Jan 7 by NicuGalI think we all know working an off shift isn't good for you, but we can't pack the patients up at 5pm and all go home. You have to be wise about sleep, etc to lessen the stress.
- Jan 10 by 1hotnurse08I remember when I used to work nights:
7p - 7a (when hospitals were still hiring LPN's). I used to get sooo sleepy around 2am. I was very grouchy and mean to my family members. I would get mad because it seemed like they always wanted me to do things for them on my days on and off work. I did 2 days on/ 2 days off/ every other weekend. I did my year then I left. I've dont like night shifts jobs. I prefer dayshift and I like being in my bed at night. I hated working in the summer because it seemed liked I missed so much b/c I was stuck at work and since I had no kids when my supervisor changed my shift to 7 days on/ 7 days off I was stuck working most of the holidays cause she made me feel guilty!! I do commend the night shift workers b/c pts need good care 24/7!!! Some people adjust well with nightshift jobs and some don't! I never could adjust no matter how much sleep I got!!