Valencia College Fall 2012 Nursing ProgramRegister Today!
- by Happy 123 Nov 29, '11Hello,
not sure if I start in Summer 2012 or Fall 2012 but wanted to start the thread advanced
- Nov 29, '11 by astep_atatimeHi.. I applied in Dec. 2010.. My acceptance date is Fall 2012..Hopefully I start in Summer 2012
- Nov 29, '11 by Happy 123I finished my pre-reqs and took TEAS and applied for the program December 2010 as well. Mid January 2012 is the time to check back with school to get an accurate answer on this. Let's hope for reasonable amount of no-shows so we can start in Summer 2012.
- Feb 13, '12 by astep_atatimeHi Mggevo,,I received an invite to start the summer semester...SO excited to be starting a semester early..Did you hear anything?
- Feb 14, '12 by Happy 123Awesome news!!! I am so happy for you! I knew that I was a bit down the list for Fall 2012 so my chances were low but hey no worries! Summer start is a hard one they say so make sure be prepared. I will keep you posted if anything chances on my end. Once again congratulations!!!
- Feb 14, '12 by Happy 123Look what I got in the mail today! )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))
A seat has become available to begin Valencia’s Nursing program this Summer. Please respond as soon as possible indicating whether or not you want the seat. If I do not receive a response you will remain in the Fall 2012. Please be advised in the Summer that the program is only available on West Campus.
- Feb 16, '12 by astep_atatimeI am excited and nervous at the same time. Just found out that I am no longer eligible for financial aid...I had to pay for my prerequisite out of pocket as well..they said once I'm actually in the program I would get it but they denied..I have a master's in businesses so I exhausted all govt aidGot to come up with a plan..having faith that everything will work outHopefully we can meet at orientation..a lot of people must have denied their seat..they only take 70 in the summer...
- Feb 16, '12 by Happy 123so sorry to hear that!
I would still try to appeal on that see if you qualify for any help and you also might consider companies that loan money to students.
I was at the west campus and talked to friends (who are in the program) and listed couple of things on a piece paper before we receive a brief follow up in the mail.
First the books only costs around 800 they said.(like 10 books need for 1st term)
We have to have all immunization shots done this depends on your previous history.
light brown khakis white tennis shoes and they will order valencia nursing polos in the orientation.
Finger prints and background check was like 150 they said.
So this is round up 1000-1200 flat
I am a biology student at ucf and on finacial aid this will drain quite some money i have right now. but hang tight good days are coming!
- Feb 27, '12 by lovethebeach72I got the same email today, so I start in Summer 2012 as well. Why do I hear that starting in Summer is harder ??
- Feb 27, '12 by Happy 123Summer classes tend to be 5 weeks shorter than Fall and Spring terms where instructors mostly skim or leave students responsible to cover some of the material.