University of Miami Accelerated BSN Program - page 6
Hi there! I received my acceptance letter for the Summer 2011 Accelerated BSN Program at UM. I was just wondering if anyone who is already in this program could give me some insight on how they like it. Some of my main questions... Read More
- 0Jan 14, '11 by lmaria3I think I read about the 42 spots in one of these blogs. They told me I could still apply if one category was a few points under the requirement if I had other compensating factors such as a high GPA. I have heard that they give more weight to the GPA than to the HESI scores. I have heard cases of people with a very high HESI score, but the GPA is not that high and do not get admitted. let's see what happens. I am happy that I was admitted to UM. I am not over confident FAU. I will keep you posted I wish they could let us know soon.
- 0Jan 15, '11 by espress099Where can you check the status of your application?? I went to UM for undergrad in 2005 and had to "reapply for admission" in order to apply for the accelerated program, when I log into "myUM" I don't see anything about my application- NOTHING at all... *****?
I applied for the accelerated program in October (for summer 2011) and they haven't sent me anything... I never got anything saying that my application is complete or incomplete.. I had to keep bugging them and I'm STILL not even sure. I called and the person told me I should hear about a decision by MARCH! and originally Ms.******* told me I would know by Dec., i emailed her regarding this and, of course, didn't hear back. I'm thinking they're delaying their decision because I have 4 pre-reqs outstanding that I'm taking this spring. I quit my job in public health to take these pre-reqs and if I dont get in to the program I'll be screwed in may.. basically unemployed and unable to go back home to miami (since there are NO jobs there).Last edit by tnbutterfly on Jan 26, '11 : Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST NAMES OF SCHOOL STAFF
- 0Jan 15, '11 by lmaria3When you go my UM. Click on dcuments received, and then you will be able to determine what documents they are missing. If you receive a message that states application has been sent to commitee for review, so you should be ok just be patient. Keep calling, or try to get in contact with the director of admission, he or she might be able to give you more accurate information. I hope you find out soon about your admssion application.
- 1Jan 16, '11 by yunas_mommyQuote from sawilsonThere are quite a few of us on fb and I wanted to create the group as well. However (I can only speak for myself and paco69 lol) I don't want to join a group like that until I know I'm accepted. Don't want jinx it! HahaHey everyone! Is anyone on FB? I wanted to start a group for the Accelerated BSN program for May 2011.
- 0Jan 16, '11 by PacoUSA, BSN, RNQuote from yunas_mommyExactly! And what's the point of joining the group if you later discover that you were rejected or you decide to go to school elsewhere? I like allnurses.com just fine for nowThere are quite a few of us on fb and I wanted to create the group as well. However (I can only speak for myself and paco69 lol) I don't want to join a group like that until I know I'm accepted. Don't want jinx it! Haha
- 0Jan 17, '11 by lmaria3Hi Grace,
I am planning on sending my scholarship application by the middle of this week. I really hope I can get it because I do not want to be in debt after I graduate. Do you know how difficul is to be selected for this scholarship? I just want to be prepared. In case I am not selected, what are our other possibilities? I guess financial Aid (Stanford loans since we already have a bachelor.) I have heard that they just give you 12,500 per year, and since this will not cover the value of the tuition. I would have to go for private loans. do you know of any other type of financial aid available? Let's pray we can get this Scholarship.