Jacksonville Florida nurses, anyone work on OB or Peds unit?Register Today!
- by owlRN01 Sep 20, '12I moved here in June and have been applying to jobs at every hospital in Jacksonville. I am a new grad which I know puts me at a disadvantage. Almost every job I see wants 1 year experience. It doesnít help that I donít know a single soul in any of these establishments which is almost always what gets a personís resume to the top of the stack. I am starting to volunteer at a local hospital in the Womenís Services unit which I am SO excited about! I also accepted a position in Pediatric Home Health. How did you land your job in this city?
- 1,183 Views
- Oct 2, '12 by owlRN01Thank you! I'm staying positive and applying like crazy
- Oct 9, '12 by NurseNicole89Hi Royam! I am a recent grad this year and just passed my boards. I felt like I was applying EVERYWHERE for a few weeks, and found that going in to places that still accept paper applications brought me the best luck. And even if they say they want a minimum of 1 year experience apply anyway, if they need the position filled that bad, they will hire you. I almost did the pediatric home health (with Integrity - who's always hiring it seems) but got a call back from a facility and ended up being hired there. The job market is rough and JAX has a LOT of nursing schools so the competition feels stiff, especially if you're not a BSN with all the hospitals being magnet. I'm SO glad I found a job! Goodluck with everything!
- Oct 9, '12 by owlRN01Hey! Thanks for the reply Do you know if the hospitals around here accept paper resumes if you walk them in? I guess it wouldn’t hurt for me to try. Yeah the job market here just seems crazy! I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I moved here. But it’s pretty much everywhere now…tons of nursing schools pumping more and more nurses out and no jobs for the inexperienced. Good to hear you found something! There is hope!
- Oct 15, '12 by transplantlifeHello Nicole,
Might you be able to give a little insight in to where you were able to drop a paper resume? I think I've got dozens of apps out there for all the hospitals in Jax and even the major one down in St. Augustine. So discouraging to never hear anything back at all...
- Oct 23, '12 by owlRN01Oh my gosh!!!! I finally got a call back from the children's hospital in town Interview is set up for Monday the 29th!!! Even if I don't get the position I will be eternally gratefull that someone thought I might be what they are looking for! Prayers are needed I know this would be a great experience for me.
- Oct 25, '12 by owlRN01Amazing! Good luck to you as well!!! It feels good to have an interview and I hate interviews! lol Let me know how they go!