considering the move - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 29, '03 by CLLRNFor anyone who has also relocated, how far in advance do I need to apply for FL RN license?? I keep reading that FL takes a long time to process license applications. I don't want any hold ups when we're ready to move. I can't wait to get the heck out of here and back to the sunny, WARM state of Florida! Thanks.
- Jan 7, '04 by MrsLePewWelcome Hun. Ocala is a great area but really not much to do. But thankfully Orlando and Tampa not far off.
Lots of horse ranches surrounding for your Hubby.
I would suggest U sign up with Temp agency called Maxim (or any of the other national ones)now where U live. It is so much easier just stepping into a job. They can usually have U working within the same day/week with a current state license. LOTS of nursing jobs available especially in the larger areas of Orlando/Tampa.
- Jan 7, '04 by MrsLePewMine took less than a month to get my temp. paper though some places wouldn't accept it right off. It was about 6 weeks though for the "official" document to arrive.
Get your school documents and other state licensure sent in early!!!
- Jan 8, '04 by CLLRNThanks for the info. I am moving from Chicago to Jacksonville area in Jan-Feb.2005 and plan to apply for FL license in July/Aug. to ensure enough time. Does anyone know what (if any) travel nurse companies that Jax hospitals use. Ideally, I would like to make the transition with a travel nurse assignment. All info. is appreciated. Thanks.
- Jan 8, '04 by MrsLePewYes Maxim has travel nurses but don't know if they have office in Jacksonville.
- Feb 21, '04 by NICU_RNwantsFLQuote from zoeboboey"Separate thread for Florida"? Do you mean separate "forum"? And, if so, isn't this it? Sorry, but I am confused..........Hi hon, they do have a separate thread for just Florida, what if you ask there too?