1. Tell me about yourself.Realiable intetelgent Depenable
2. What is your greatest strength? Very Up beat and postive
3. What can you offer us that no one else can? Over 30 years of experance always reading and learning more
4. What are your three most important career accomplishments? see below and I Help run a care company
5. How would you describe yourself? intudtive ,quick learner Goal oriented
6. Why should I hire you?
7. Describe the biggest crisis in your life (career).Durring a major earthquake so many needing care at the same time
8. What is unique about you? Have worked in many fascets of nursing and then decribe them impathehic but try not to enable Pt's
9. How would your supervisor describe you? Very driven
10. Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10. 9.99
11. Tell me a story. How I got intrested in nurseing story.
12. How have you benefited from disappointment?learned to grow from it.
13. What is your greatest weakness? Good /bad thing is I am compastnate
14. Have you ever been fired or asked to resign? No
15. Why have you changed jobs so frequently? Only when hospitial would close would I change
16. Why have you been out of work so long? What have you been doing? Only once durring a short illness
17. What is the biggest mistake you ever made?
18. What are your career goals?
19. What do you want to do in life? Run a company /travel
20. How long have you been out of work? I'm not out of work.
21. What personal, non-job related goals have you set for yourself?
22. Are you willing to relocate?depends
23. Are you willing to travel overnight?yes and have
24. How do you feel about overtime? Love the Pay check.
25. What have you learned from your past mistakes? What are some of them? Trusting others to follow through when they promise and except my part of the blame when were working as a team
26. What do you think determines a personís progress with a good company?
27. Who has exercised the greatest influence on you? How? My nursing instrutor she showed us how and what its like to be a PT.So we could be good nurses.
28. What public figure do you admire most and why? Our last gov Oleen walker she did alot for our state in a very little time.then Expalin
29. What are your primary activities outside of work? Church /memory walk Caregivers night out.
30. Would you have any concern if we did a full background check on you? What would we find? NO concern. That I have been in the miltary and have a clean FBI file
31. What qualities do you most admire in people? Honesty /hard worker
32. What have you done to increase your personal development? Reading all kinds of medical journals nursing journals to keep up.
33. What type of books and magazines do you read?
34. What was the last book you read (movie you saw) and how did it affect you?
35. How do you feel about your career progress? Going great so fae
36. Can you work well under stress? Yes
37. Do you prefer to work as an individually or as a part of a team? Both
38. Are you a team player?yes
39. Tell me about the last incident that made you angry. How did you handle it? when some one promised they would follow through and didn't
40. What are the things that motivate you?
41. How do you handle people that you really donít get along with? ingore if I can joke with them .Try to reason or work something out.
42. What have you done that shows initiative?
43. What personal qualities are important for success in this field?
44. Sell me this pen.This pen is made from the finest Titium less likely to break or smudge can right upside down, if it has to or at strange angles Comes in assored beautiful colors and can be printed with your logo or Company name
45. Are you willing to take calculated risks? Yes only if it will do the least amt of harm
46. Describe your perfect job? traveling nurse or running a homecare agency
47. What is most important to you in a job? Go out and present myself marketing and show and sell what we do diffrent with our home care agency
48. Why do you want to change careers? To grow and learn
49. Why do you want to get into this field? To grow and learn
50. Why did you leave your last job? Company closed.
51. How long will it take before you make a positive contribution to our organization? Not long I hope I will listen learn and try to add imput where I can.
52. What do you like least about this position? Sometimes very short inbetewen vists setting up care Most? Getting to meet all kinds of wonderful people
53. Tell me about your duties at your present job? Marketing /direct services set up care veterans care cord. Contact hospitials SW PT DOC Hospices and Clients
54. What is the most important aspect of your job? Setting Up care and marketing
55. Describe a time when you were criticized for your job. Had to be a little late to one PT cause another had passed away.
56. What is the most difficult situation you have ever faced? Taking care of triage in the pouring rain
57. What frustrates you about your job? Not of enough hours in the day
58. What jobs have you enjoyed most? meeting people and helping them Least? Just wish I was the engerzer bunny and could help all of them every day they want me. Why?
59. What duties have you enjoyed most? direct PT care and what I am doing now Least? Probably earthquake nursing
60. What is the worst thing your have ever heard about this organization?I haven't heard anything bad .
61. What position do you expect to hold in five years? (similar to, Where do you expect to be in 5 years?) Be Running my own office or be doing travel nursing
62. Why would you like to work for us? Travel
63. What is opinion of your present (or past) employer? Loved them
64. How long would you stay if we offered you this position? Probably until you closed
65. What do you know about our company? would do current reading on the net and in the libary to find out
66. Why do you want to leave your present employer? Just growth oppertunties
67. Starting with your first job out of college, tell me why you left each organization. ussally because they closed or I was going to school
68. What kinds of recommendations will you get from previous employers? One said I was gave the best care to PT's
69. Describe your relationship with your last three supervisors.Good
70. What are your supervisorís strengths and weaknesses? Srong willed at times which is good and bad.
71. What kind of supervisors do you like most? Least? Why? Ones who tell you all there private problems not job related
72. How has your supervisor helped you grow? by teaching more of the marketing end of nursing
73. What did your supervisor rate you highest on during your last review? Always 9 and 10 Lowest?
74. What kind of supervisor gets the best results out of you? will listen to you as well as just demand
75. What is your boss like? Listens well
76. What actions would you take if you came on board? Try to grow along with the other staff and have them grow with me. Letting them know we all win when we win
77. Can you supervise people? Yes very well
78. Describe your management philosophy and management style.I listen well try to put the right person in the right place
79. How many people have you hired? 10 so far How do you go about it? How successful have the people been? asking questions like these and asking what they would do in situations
80. How many people have you fired? 2
81. How would your subordinates describe you as a supervisor? Fair to all my staff I have no favorites try to make them feel good about there job
82. Some managers watch their employees closely while others use a loose rein. How do you manage? a little of both when a person need more help I watch them more
83. How have you improved as a supervisor over the years? By learning to be and effective listener
84. Why did you pick your major? cause the human body is fasnating how we work
85. What kind of grades did you have? A and B
86. What course did you like the most? Least? Why? english
87. How has your schooling prepared you for this job? how to work with Pts and train others to do the same
88. Do you feel you did the best work at school that you were capable of doing? What?
89. How did your summer jobs benefit you? By learning how to be a people person
SOME BEHAVIOR BASED QUESTIONS
Tell me about a time when you:
1. Achieved a great deal in a short amount of time. I durring the earthquake saw one Pt after another
2. Were disappointed in your performance. See above just wished I been a doc an did more.
3. Made a major sacrifice to achieve a work goal.Went to school and work little time with family
4. Were unwilling or unable to make the necessary sacrifice to achieve a goal.Have never had that problem
5. Worked effectively under a great deal of pressure. Had to work 24 hrs without a break because there was no one to take my place
6. Didnít handle a stressful situation very well. See above after 17 I was sleepy
7. Really got angry over a situation at work. when 2 staff got in a fist fight in front of a Pt
8. Felt under a great deal of pressure from an internal or external customer. waiting for a part to come
9. Were really bothered by the actions of a coworker. see above
10. Were especially creative in solving a problem.
11. Were not as creative as usual.
12. Organized and planned an event that was successful. memory walk
13. Planned and coordinated a project that was very successful.caregivers night out
14. Were unable to complete a project on schedule despite your best efforts.When My car went under water
15. Really had to remain flexible.with a diffcult PT
16. Had to deal with a personality conflict with a boss or coworker. by being more direct with that person
17. Were unable to sell your idea to a key person.
18. Felt really good about a decision you made and the process you went through.
19. Were very effective in your problem-solving ability. Changeing staff to meet the needs
20. Used facts and reason to persuade someone to accept your recommendation.went to the internet and went with the facts in hand
21. Utilized your leadership ability to gain support for what initially had been strong opposition.
22. Were able to build team spirit during a time of low morale.
23. Were able to gain commitment from others to really work as a team.By showing them how it felt
24. Used your political savvy to push through a program you believed in.Going to our congess women to get help for indgents
25. Were particularly perceptive regarding a personís or groupís feelings and needs.To children who were fatherless and make them not so pointed out
26. Were able to predict someoneís behavior or response based on your assessment of him or her.
27. Were particularly supportive and reassuring to a person who needed a friend.When there Granddaughter died
28. Built rapport quickly with someone under difficult conditions.Helped others in a earthquake
29. Wrote a report which was well received by others.To our congress women
30. Were particularly effective at prioritizing tasks and completing a project on schedule.I do that all the time I have too.
31. Identified potential problems and resolved the situation before the problems became serious. try to do that before and when I set up care i look for all the angles
32. Were highly motivated and your example inspired others.Caregivers night out went out speaking to people and then asked them what they had don a bit of a small challgenge
33. Found it necessary to tactfully but forcefully say things others did not want to hear. When I had to write somone up that kept failing over and over.
34. Were particularly effective in a talk you gave or a seminar you taught.
35. Had to make an important decision quickly even though you did not have all the information you wanted. To take my present job I have now.
36. Had to make a decision you knew would be unpopular.had to go over a charge nurses head when I knew the PT had a broken femer and she was making a bad judment call in not taking care of it
37. Were in a situation when events and circumstances changed rapidly. Durring the earth quake rain cold heat tons of Pts on the ground or where ever we could put them Constant aftershocks